Skip to main content

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer for newspapers,magazines as well as a journalist for TV.
I am from Tokyo, Japan and have been living in Los Angeles since 1990.
[日本語のブログFromLAby藤本庸子] fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog
[日本語のツイッター] https://twitter.com/YOKOfromLA

#254- Dear Mama



Do you have something to regret in your past?


I don’t regret anything in my past.




But one thing, I am still thinking like this… about my late father…”I wish I could talk more with my papa before his death.”


I don’t remember when the last time I talked with my late father was and what we talked about, because I didn’t mention in my diary.


Only a few lines in my birthday card in 1994 (same year when he passed away) were the last letter from my late father.




We all will disappear. Of course, we all do. But when I think of my late father who passed away suddenly, I still feel hurt. I don’t want to feel this way to my mother, so I am talking with my mother often and talking a lot since my father passed away in 1994.


I call my mother once a week and write a letter once a month (my mother is good at fashion trend & food trend etc., but she is not into machine… like email & skype, so we communicate by the old-fashioned way… phone & letter).



Did you write a card or letter to your mother for mother’s day?


I did. Simple is best letter (short note)… ha ha…


Here is my letter to my mother.


***


April 30, 2015



On Mother’s Day…Again, Mama, thank you very much for everything!!!


Mama, I always all the time appreciate you.


Thank you very much for being my mother for 51 years.


For 51 years, long long time, thank you very much for being my mother, doing my mother and giving your love to me. Thank you so much.


Once in a while, I think about what you think about me as a daughter for 51 years.


I guess, people think of me like… “a super career woman and people can rely on me”, but for you maybe …“too much to take care of, too selfish, easy to angry” maybe? (ha ha…!)


I have been thinking for 51 years about you as my mother, being a mother is a hard work.


Probably you will say to me “I am not having hard time as a mother”, but I think that you always care or worry about us (me and younger brother) and can’t relax. I am sure that you are doing it naturally, so you don’t feel any trouble or hard things. I really respect you.


You are so wonderful that you’re relaxed and open attitude. You never lose yourself and you are living fully, and I really respect your positive attitude for your life.


Please live longer, longer for us.


I look forward to seeing you this winter or next spring!


Thinking of you on Mother’s Day.


Love,
Yoko
Los Angeles


*** 


If you don’t have a mother (lost or never met), but you have a mother in your heart…

We all think about our mother once in a while, right?


I wish you that your “thank you” message to your mother will reach your mother.


And if you are a mother, “Happy Mother’s Day” to you.


 
By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
May 4, 2015
Copyright © 2015 Yoko Fujimoto 

Popular posts from this blog

#271-Why people fight?

Why do human beings keep fighting with each other or fighting wars?

About profit?

About territory?

About religion?

About ethnicity?

About statism?

About collectivism?



Why can’t we talk instead of fight (war)?

People are trying to change others…

People don’t want to change for others…

People think “I am right, you are wrong”…



I was thinking about “how can we resolve issues of terrorism and war in this world, can we talk instead of fighting?”



And then I realized “I need to think about my issue first” (since I moved into my apartment in Montrose one year ago)… yes, I have an issue about my living situation… my upstairs neighbor (64 years old woman who is not working) has been waking me up every night (around 11:15pm, 12:15am and 1:15am) with loud squeezing footsteps (it sounds not normal & regular footsteps) for one year… I had to call police twice, and I fought with this neighbor twice…



I tried to go to bed at the same time when this neighbor goes to bed… it doesn’t work (for me late night ene…

#144- To my people, Japanese people 米国より東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へメッセージ / 海外セレブからのお見舞い&応援メッセージ -Pray for Japan(日本に祈りを捧げます)-

Sorry folks, Today, I am going to write a message in Japanese, in my native language to Japanese people. If you read Japanese, please do.

I am going to write my thoughts for Japan &Japanese people and sending prayers to Japan & people in Japan.

Love,
Yoko

P.S. I am going to write in English next time. xoxo Y

******** My Japanese blog :

From LA by 藤本庸子      
(http://fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/03/pray-for-japan-.html)


東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へ

このたびの東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)により被災されたすべての方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。そして、犠牲になられた方々とご遺族の皆様に、深くお悔やみを申し上げます。

日本にいらっしゃる皆様、どうかご無事で、早く、安心出来る暮らし、笑顔が戻ってきますように、心からお祈り申し上げます。


*** 米国でも多くの人が心を痛めており、皆様のご無事を願っています

東北・関東地方で起った大震災に心を痛めながら、私は、「米国在住のライターの私に、日本の皆様のために出来ることをしたい」と、こちらで流れるテレビニュースの画面を見つめながら、ずっと考えていました。

そうしていましたら、本日(ロサンゼルス:3月18日/日本:3月19日)、仕事でお付き合いのある茨城県在住の女性(実際にお会いしたことはありません)から、「テレビでも、世界各国からの応援メッセージをもっと放送して欲しい」とメールをいただきました。

早速、私が報道の仕事で関わっている日本のテレビ局、ラジオ局の幹部、報道記者の方々へ、この女性のメッセージを届け、放送に関してのお願いメールを送信致しました。


*** 米国在住の私に出来ることを考えてみました

このブログは2008年10月に閉じていますが、…

#272- Happy employees make happy customers

As you know many department stores (in U.S. and Japan both) are struggling these days due to consumer’s life style (online shopping, cheap fast fashion stores and discount stores).

In general people want to have a convenience life style and want to purchase reasonable price products.






Last October when I bought gift items (for myself and friend who visited this store together) at RAINS in Ojai, I was very surprised by that RAINS has a complimentary wrapping service (all Japanese department stores have a complimentary wrapping service in Japan). I was smiling on the way back to my home after I shopped at RAINS.







This spring when I heard about some Japanese department stores in country side are closing business and their towns became like a ghost town, I thought I want to find out why RAINS is doing well, and I wanted to inform some great news about RAINS to Japanese readers who are struggling in their business.

I’m glad that I did it. I met a wonderful CEO of RAINS (Mr. Alan Rains) and found…