Skip to main content

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer for newspapers,magazines as well as a journalist for TV.
I am from Tokyo, Japan and have been living in Los Angeles since 1990.
[日本語のブログFromLAby藤本庸子] fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog
[日本語のツイッター] https://twitter.com/YOKOfromLA

#253- Time goes by fast!

As I mentioned in my last blog post, “my New Year resolution is very simple. Yes, simple is best”…

 

Yes… simple is best… I have been working working working… since I wrote my last blog post, ONE WORD… working.

 

111 HOURS worked for TBS TV (major Japanese TV staion, similar to ABC, NBC or CBS) news program ‘HODOTOKUSHU (http://www.tbs.co.jp/houtoku/ )” (similar to 20/20) regarding the U.S. sailors vs. TEPCO etc. lawsuit story (I interviewed one sailor and one lawyer on TV / aired on March 7th in Japan).

 

116.25 HOURS worked for TBS TV (same above) regarding the some murder cases (I interviewed one assistant professor, one prosecutor, one lawyer and one teen girl / will air on March 21st in Japan).

 

4 places I went to (Long Beach, Missouri, San Francisco and Oxnard).

6 people I interviewed with on TV camera.

                    

And…

 

4 articles in Senken-Shimbun (paper version, major fashion business newspsper in Japan).

 

2 columns in Senken-Shimbun (website version, major fashion business newspaper in Japan http://www.senken.co.jp/report/oversea/yf/ ).

 

15 places I visit for these articles.

48 people I interviewed with for a newspaper.






And ... more over


I translated the 96 pages into Japanese from English for a lawyer...




So… Ah… I am not able to translate all materials into English from Japanese at this time… sorry people who I interviewed with… (Please call me if you want me to translate the materials which you were involved in.)

 

By the way, time goes by fast…

 

Today is in Japan… the anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake (March 11, 2011)…

 

I really think that time goes by fast…
Time (Life) is very important more than anything…

 
I hope you are enjoying today :)

 

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
March 10, 2015
Copyright © 2015 Yoko Fujimoto 

Popular posts from this blog

#271-Why people fight?

Why do human beings keep fighting with each other or fighting wars?

About profit?

About territory?

About religion?

About ethnicity?

About statism?

About collectivism?



Why can’t we talk instead of fight (war)?

People are trying to change others…

People don’t want to change for others…

People think “I am right, you are wrong”…



I was thinking about “how can we resolve issues of terrorism and war in this world, can we talk instead of fighting?”



And then I realized “I need to think about my issue first” (since I moved into my apartment in Montrose one year ago)… yes, I have an issue about my living situation… my upstairs neighbor (64 years old woman who is not working) has been waking me up every night (around 11:15pm, 12:15am and 1:15am) with loud squeezing footsteps (it sounds not normal & regular footsteps) for one year… I had to call police twice, and I fought with this neighbor twice…



I tried to go to bed at the same time when this neighbor goes to bed… it doesn’t work (for me late night ene…

#144- To my people, Japanese people 米国より東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へメッセージ / 海外セレブからのお見舞い&応援メッセージ -Pray for Japan(日本に祈りを捧げます)-

Sorry folks, Today, I am going to write a message in Japanese, in my native language to Japanese people. If you read Japanese, please do.

I am going to write my thoughts for Japan &Japanese people and sending prayers to Japan & people in Japan.

Love,
Yoko

P.S. I am going to write in English next time. xoxo Y

******** My Japanese blog :

From LA by 藤本庸子      
(http://fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/03/pray-for-japan-.html)


東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へ

このたびの東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)により被災されたすべての方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。そして、犠牲になられた方々とご遺族の皆様に、深くお悔やみを申し上げます。

日本にいらっしゃる皆様、どうかご無事で、早く、安心出来る暮らし、笑顔が戻ってきますように、心からお祈り申し上げます。


*** 米国でも多くの人が心を痛めており、皆様のご無事を願っています

東北・関東地方で起った大震災に心を痛めながら、私は、「米国在住のライターの私に、日本の皆様のために出来ることをしたい」と、こちらで流れるテレビニュースの画面を見つめながら、ずっと考えていました。

そうしていましたら、本日(ロサンゼルス:3月18日/日本:3月19日)、仕事でお付き合いのある茨城県在住の女性(実際にお会いしたことはありません)から、「テレビでも、世界各国からの応援メッセージをもっと放送して欲しい」とメールをいただきました。

早速、私が報道の仕事で関わっている日本のテレビ局、ラジオ局の幹部、報道記者の方々へ、この女性のメッセージを届け、放送に関してのお願いメールを送信致しました。


*** 米国在住の私に出来ることを考えてみました

このブログは2008年10月に閉じていますが、…

#267-Kitson and KITROSS

I really think that the founder of Kitson, Mr. Fraser Kitson Ross is genius for marketing & business. He knows how to entertain customer, and he knows what L.A. is and how to enjoy L.A.




About Kitson and Fraser, I have written a lot on Senken-Shimbun and LA Celeb (their business closed, but it was a popular Japanese online shopping site), and I also made a story about Kitson on Japanese TV program (TBS TV).



At this time, I interviewed Fraser and wrote an article about Kitson, him and his new store KITROSS on Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper).



If you want to know about Kitson, Fraser and KITROSS, read below.

My translation (into English) is not perfect, but my Japanese article is more than perfect, ha ha…; )



********

Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper)

Article about Kitson and KITROSS by Yoko Fujimoto

Published on paper on June 27, 2016



■■”Kitson” re-started with “KITROSS”

■”Actually, I love L.A.”

■L.A. casual clothing and pop culture are the b…