Skip to main content

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer for newspapers,magazines as well as a journalist for TV.
I am from Tokyo, Japan and have been living in Los Angeles since 1990.
[日本語のブログFromLAby藤本庸子] fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog
[日本語のツイッター] https://twitter.com/YOKOfromLA

#249- Shake It Off ???



When I listened to the song “Shake It Off” (by Taylor Swift) at first time, I said, “Yes, I do too. I Shake It Off !

 

#1- I Shake It Off (at the certain fashion show) :

 
When I was at the certain fashion show the other day for Senken-Shimbun (a major Japanese fashion business newspaper, similar to WWD and California Apparel News) website column, I was shocked by the situation …

 
At first, there was no seat at the show for media (I usually get the front row seat as a journalist) … but … I Shake It Off … I found the nice spot for taking photos (behind the seats & from the corner, I thought I could take photos of whole thing & show … audience, model, grass, trees etc.), and I was chatting with some guys who were also standing behind the seats.

 
And then … the show director came up to me, and he asked me to sit in the front row, because there were lacking audience (he wanted us to fill the seats to look nice their audience seats) … what now???

 
I thought … it was very unprofessional & rude behavior … He seemed like he only cared about “VIP” … He didn’t care about media (or Japanese media?) … but … I Shake It Off

 
Yes, I remember that I had a similar experience at the other fashion show (very famous show) long time ago (in 2004? I don’t remember) … they did it the same thing like this show. They were very unorganized for media & audience. They just cared about “VIP” … Yes, they couldn’t make it … they had to close down the show in L.A. (They still have shows in N.Y., Tokyo etc. …)

 
Anyway, my point is … if people don’t care about people … these business people can’t make good business.

 

#2- I Shake It Off (at my apartment) :

 
I think … I can work as an apartment manager, I mean I could be a perfect apartment manager, because I can see many things at once (yes, there are many problems at my apartment building) …

 
Lately, I stopped reporting about these problems to the apartment management office … because they (my apartment company office) don’t care & appreciate my reports. I just felt like … I gave up … I Shake It Off

 
My purpose of report was for everyone … I mean … to be safe to live here (for tenants) & save expense etc. (for apartment company / and of course, avoid of raise our rent) … but … I guess they don’t see my point.

 

But … But … But …

 
The other day, I saw one couple (Korean young couple) in the swimming pool area with two dogs (they shouldn’t bring dogs in the swimming pool area / the notice is on our apartment lease etc.), I couldn't ignore this … so I took some photos of them by my iPhone from my room (my room is in front of the swimming pool).

 
Why?  I am afraid of dogs (I don’t want to see their dogs without leashes around elevator area or parking area) and I don’t want to see the messy & dirty grass (hurt grass by dogs) … I needed to report about them to the apartment office.

 
When I was taking some photos of them, the couple started asking me “why are you taking photos of us?”

 
Me: You guys shouldn’t be in this swimming pool area with dogs. I am afraid of dogs, so please use leashes.

 
Korean woman: There is no sign about it (dogs shouldn't be here), so we can walk around here (pool & grass etc.) with dogs. We don't need to use a leash in the dog park, so same here.

 
Me: This swimming pool area is not a dog park. And you know what, if you make damage of grass etc., we as tenants have to pay for it and our rent will go up again. Please consider these things. The apartment manager told me the other day, dog’s pee hurt grass.

 
Korean man: Dogs pee is good for grass.

 
Me: You guys need to read a lease or notice paper of this apartment.

 
Korean woman: I have been living in this apartment for two years, but I have never read any notice about pets.

 
Me: Why don’t you talk to a manager then.

 

Ok … I Shake It Off … they need to talk to a manager, not to me …

 
Ok … I wrote an email to an apartment manager about this. And I said in my email, “they don't have a common sense, so please make a sign (about dogs etc.) at the swimming pool entrance as soon as possible (if you can, please make a temporary sign / handwriting sign etc.) Here are 8 photos of two dogs & a Korean couple. Please see attachments.”

 

Ah … until today (past two days), there is no reply to my email …

 
Ok … I Shake It Off … I will keep my mouth shut, and keep writing … I need to make more money and then, I really can Shake It Off like Taylor Swift :)

 
By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles November 11, 2014
Copyright © 2014 Yoko Fujimoto 

Popular posts from this blog

#271-Why people fight?

Why do human beings keep fighting with each other or fighting wars?

About profit?

About territory?

About religion?

About ethnicity?

About statism?

About collectivism?



Why can’t we talk instead of fight (war)?

People are trying to change others…

People don’t want to change for others…

People think “I am right, you are wrong”…



I was thinking about “how can we resolve issues of terrorism and war in this world, can we talk instead of fighting?”



And then I realized “I need to think about my issue first” (since I moved into my apartment in Montrose one year ago)… yes, I have an issue about my living situation… my upstairs neighbor (64 years old woman who is not working) has been waking me up every night (around 11:15pm, 12:15am and 1:15am) with loud squeezing footsteps (it sounds not normal & regular footsteps) for one year… I had to call police twice, and I fought with this neighbor twice…



I tried to go to bed at the same time when this neighbor goes to bed… it doesn’t work (for me late night ene…

#144- To my people, Japanese people 米国より東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へメッセージ / 海外セレブからのお見舞い&応援メッセージ -Pray for Japan(日本に祈りを捧げます)-

Sorry folks, Today, I am going to write a message in Japanese, in my native language to Japanese people. If you read Japanese, please do.

I am going to write my thoughts for Japan &Japanese people and sending prayers to Japan & people in Japan.

Love,
Yoko

P.S. I am going to write in English next time. xoxo Y

******** My Japanese blog :

From LA by 藤本庸子      
(http://fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/03/pray-for-japan-.html)


東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へ

このたびの東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)により被災されたすべての方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。そして、犠牲になられた方々とご遺族の皆様に、深くお悔やみを申し上げます。

日本にいらっしゃる皆様、どうかご無事で、早く、安心出来る暮らし、笑顔が戻ってきますように、心からお祈り申し上げます。


*** 米国でも多くの人が心を痛めており、皆様のご無事を願っています

東北・関東地方で起った大震災に心を痛めながら、私は、「米国在住のライターの私に、日本の皆様のために出来ることをしたい」と、こちらで流れるテレビニュースの画面を見つめながら、ずっと考えていました。

そうしていましたら、本日(ロサンゼルス:3月18日/日本:3月19日)、仕事でお付き合いのある茨城県在住の女性(実際にお会いしたことはありません)から、「テレビでも、世界各国からの応援メッセージをもっと放送して欲しい」とメールをいただきました。

早速、私が報道の仕事で関わっている日本のテレビ局、ラジオ局の幹部、報道記者の方々へ、この女性のメッセージを届け、放送に関してのお願いメールを送信致しました。


*** 米国在住の私に出来ることを考えてみました

このブログは2008年10月に閉じていますが、…

#267-Kitson and KITROSS

I really think that the founder of Kitson, Mr. Fraser Kitson Ross is genius for marketing & business. He knows how to entertain customer, and he knows what L.A. is and how to enjoy L.A.




About Kitson and Fraser, I have written a lot on Senken-Shimbun and LA Celeb (their business closed, but it was a popular Japanese online shopping site), and I also made a story about Kitson on Japanese TV program (TBS TV).



At this time, I interviewed Fraser and wrote an article about Kitson, him and his new store KITROSS on Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper).



If you want to know about Kitson, Fraser and KITROSS, read below.

My translation (into English) is not perfect, but my Japanese article is more than perfect, ha ha…; )



********

Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper)

Article about Kitson and KITROSS by Yoko Fujimoto

Published on paper on June 27, 2016



■■”Kitson” re-started with “KITROSS”

■”Actually, I love L.A.”

■L.A. casual clothing and pop culture are the b…