Friday, September 5, 2014

#246- My summer vacation in L.A. was…

Time goes by fast…summer is over…

My mom and my younger brother (they live in Tokyo, Japan) were in L.A. this summer.

I had such a nice summer vacation (59 days!) with them.



My plans for my mom and brother were… TREAT them like a 5 star hotel, SHOW them everything in L.A. and DO what special thing each day.



What we did…



TOOK 1465 photos (includes iPhone 436 photos) together.



WENT to a lot of places…

Hollywood Hills

Hollywood

Santa Monica

Malibu

West Hollywood

Beverly Hills

Downtown L.A. (Little Tokyo)

Century City

Culver City

Marina del Ray

Venice Beach

Westwood

Los Feliz / Silver Lake

Atwater Village (farmers market)

Glendale

Burbank

Pasadena

Palos Verdes

Studio City (farmers market)

Santa Clarita

Newport Beach

Costa Mesa

Laguna Beach

Ontario

Ventura

Camarillo

Ojai

Temecula



ENJOYED with some special events…

Nisei Week Japanese Festival / Tanabata Festival

dineL.A. Restaurant Week



SAW beautiful things at…

Griffith Park

The Getty Center & The Getty Villa



ATE a lot of food…

Lobster, Filet mignon, Hamburger, Sushi, Ice cream…


HAD a lot of my special coffee at home…

My mom said every morning, “I am look forward to having your delicious coffee every morning”.

My mom also said, “I love your cooking! They are better than restaurant food”.

Yes, we shopped at Gelson’s a lot. We ate fresh food every day and having fun together every day.



We really had a perfect summer vacation.

How was your summer?

I hope you had a nice summer too :)



P.S. I miss my mom & brother… my mom left a beautiful thank you note on my dining table and my brother left a surprise gift in my kitchen cabinet (Los Angeles mag cup!). I am really lucky that I have a nice family.

 

By Yoko Fujimoto

Los Angeles Sept 5, 2014

Copyright © 2014 Yoko Fujimoto