Sunday, June 8, 2014

#244- Do you write letters?

I wrote 10 pages letter to my mother on last Friday.

 
And this morning, I wrote a letter to a stranger…

 

***

June 8, 2014

 
Who were at the swimming pool at 2:30am-4:15am today???

 
Dear people who had a party at the pool,

 
Please respect your neighbors, please!!!

 
You guys woke me up at 2:30am midnight. I asked you guys nicely to be quiet, but you guys ignored me.

 
Around 2:40am, I reported to Quality Security Service Inc. about you guys, but security guards didn’t show up… So I needed to yell at you guys. I am so sorry about that, but please understand that I needed to sleep. I couldn’t sleep back until 5:30am today!!!

 
Thank you.

Have a nice day!!

 
Best,

Y.F

 
P.S. Dear neighbors, if you woke up with my voice this morning…I am so sorry… I couldn’t help it and I really needed to people out from the pool.

 

***

 
I posted this letter at four locations (inside of four elevators at my apartment building).

 
Of course, I have sent an email to our apartment manager  and informed this situation (Our apartment office is not open anymore on Sundays).

 

***

 
Oh… about letter…

 
I wrote 10 pages letter to my mother on last Friday.

 
Even though I talk with her on the phone every week, I write a letter to her every month.

 
Since my father had passed away in 1994, I don’t want to miss anything about my mother (I wish I had more time with my late father), so I call and talk with my mother (who lives in Tokyo, Japan) every week.

 

***

 
I think any kind of letter is good to connect with people in the world.

 
Even I write a message to strangers on my twitter page, and I am enjoying it very much.

 
Do you write letters on a regular basis?

 
Next week, I am going to write a letter to my late father in heaven.

 

Happy Father’s Day to you.

 

By Yoko Fujimoto

Los Angeles June 8, 2014

Copyright © 2014 Yoko Fujimoto