Skip to main content

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer for newspapers,magazines as well as a journalist for TV.
I am from Tokyo, Japan and have been living in Los Angeles since 1990.
[日本語のブログFromLAby藤本庸子] fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog
[日本語のツイッター] https://twitter.com/YOKOfromLA

#239- Why fashion is important to you?

The other day, I’ve received a tweet from LAZR tradeshow (http://lazrtradeshow.com/).



Their tweet was:

@FromLAbyYoko (https://twitter.com/FromLAbyYoko)  Win a LAZR sponsors pack! Tell us why fashion is important to you and your blog to: info@lazrtradeshow.com

 

My reply to this tweet was:

@LAZRTRADESHOW (https://twitter.com/LAZRTRADESHOW) Thank you for thinking of me. I sent an email to your office right now. A-Z... I hope you like what I wrote. xo Yoko Fujimoto

 

And my email was:

This is Yoko Fujimoto, writer in Los Angeles.
Thank you for your tweet.
Here are my thought about why fashion is important to me and my blog.

 

A- As I am Japanese woman, fashion is important for life.

B- Because I am Japanese, I need to know what is hot around the world.

C- City like Los Angeles or Tokyo, I love to see what fashion is.

D- Do what we want? Yes, the writing about fashion is one of them.

E- Everyone needs to have a style, I mean a fashion style.

F- Fashion makes people happy.

G- Good people have good fashion.

H- Hipster is in Los Angeles.

I- I am a freelance writer and write about many fashion subjects for newspaper, magazine and blog (I am not a fashion writer, but I write about many fashion subjects).

J- Japan + U.S.A. = Fashionably happy countries

K- Kawaii fashion (Japan) or Sexy fashion (U.S.A.)? I like both. I like fashion.

L- Los Angeles is the queen bee of casual fashion.

M- Music + Fashion = Stylish life style

N- Nice people have nice fashion.

O- Old fashioned or New fashion? Anything is good for fashion.

P- Peace + Love = Fashion

Q- Quick image change? Fashion will do.

R- Runway show always gives me joy to write about.

S- Street fashion & Street smart bring the fun trend.

T- Twitter brings fashion news (like this one from LAZR TRADESHOW).

U- U.S.A. has many fun fashion designers.

V- Vintage fashion inspires us artistic feelings.

W- What is fashion? Express ourselves, right?

X- XOXO is a fashion brand name? I guess only fashion business people can make their name cute.

Y- Yoko is my name. My name is Yoko Fujimoto, not Yoko Ono. I am a writer, and I will write about  LAZR TRADESHOW in Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper) soon.

Z- Zoo York… See, I can write about fashion subject until “Z”.


See, I have many things to say about why FASHION is important to me and my blog.
I hope you like my fashionably writing style.
Thank you.
Have a good one.


Best,
Yoko Fujimoto
Writer



And+And the result was… I was the winner! I’ve got a Betsey Johnson bag…!

Yes, fashion is very important to me.

How about you?


By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles April 25, 2014
Copyright © 2014 Yoko Fujimoto 

Popular posts from this blog

#271-Why people fight?

Why do human beings keep fighting with each other or fighting wars?

About profit?

About territory?

About religion?

About ethnicity?

About statism?

About collectivism?



Why can’t we talk instead of fight (war)?

People are trying to change others…

People don’t want to change for others…

People think “I am right, you are wrong”…



I was thinking about “how can we resolve issues of terrorism and war in this world, can we talk instead of fighting?”



And then I realized “I need to think about my issue first” (since I moved into my apartment in Montrose one year ago)… yes, I have an issue about my living situation… my upstairs neighbor (64 years old woman who is not working) has been waking me up every night (around 11:15pm, 12:15am and 1:15am) with loud squeezing footsteps (it sounds not normal & regular footsteps) for one year… I had to call police twice, and I fought with this neighbor twice…



I tried to go to bed at the same time when this neighbor goes to bed… it doesn’t work (for me late night ene…

#144- To my people, Japanese people 米国より東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へメッセージ / 海外セレブからのお見舞い&応援メッセージ -Pray for Japan(日本に祈りを捧げます)-

Sorry folks, Today, I am going to write a message in Japanese, in my native language to Japanese people. If you read Japanese, please do.

I am going to write my thoughts for Japan &Japanese people and sending prayers to Japan & people in Japan.

Love,
Yoko

P.S. I am going to write in English next time. xoxo Y

******** My Japanese blog :

From LA by 藤本庸子      
(http://fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/03/pray-for-japan-.html)


東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へ

このたびの東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)により被災されたすべての方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。そして、犠牲になられた方々とご遺族の皆様に、深くお悔やみを申し上げます。

日本にいらっしゃる皆様、どうかご無事で、早く、安心出来る暮らし、笑顔が戻ってきますように、心からお祈り申し上げます。


*** 米国でも多くの人が心を痛めており、皆様のご無事を願っています

東北・関東地方で起った大震災に心を痛めながら、私は、「米国在住のライターの私に、日本の皆様のために出来ることをしたい」と、こちらで流れるテレビニュースの画面を見つめながら、ずっと考えていました。

そうしていましたら、本日(ロサンゼルス:3月18日/日本:3月19日)、仕事でお付き合いのある茨城県在住の女性(実際にお会いしたことはありません)から、「テレビでも、世界各国からの応援メッセージをもっと放送して欲しい」とメールをいただきました。

早速、私が報道の仕事で関わっている日本のテレビ局、ラジオ局の幹部、報道記者の方々へ、この女性のメッセージを届け、放送に関してのお願いメールを送信致しました。


*** 米国在住の私に出来ることを考えてみました

このブログは2008年10月に閉じていますが、…

#272- Happy employees make happy customers

As you know many department stores (in U.S. and Japan both) are struggling these days due to consumer’s life style (online shopping, cheap fast fashion stores and discount stores).

In general people want to have a convenience life style and want to purchase reasonable price products.






Last October when I bought gift items (for myself and friend who visited this store together) at RAINS in Ojai, I was very surprised by that RAINS has a complimentary wrapping service (all Japanese department stores have a complimentary wrapping service in Japan). I was smiling on the way back to my home after I shopped at RAINS.







This spring when I heard about some Japanese department stores in country side are closing business and their towns became like a ghost town, I thought I want to find out why RAINS is doing well, and I wanted to inform some great news about RAINS to Japanese readers who are struggling in their business.

I’m glad that I did it. I met a wonderful CEO of RAINS (Mr. Alan Rains) and found…