Thursday, March 27, 2014

#237- Between Pink and Orange

The other day (March 26th at 2:20pm in Japan / March 25th at 10:20pm in Los Angeles), I turned 50 years old.

My key words are “Forever 27” (as you know, an American chain of clothing retailers “Forever 21” is a copycat, so I did copycat their words).

And believe or not, many my friends say to me, “You still look 20 something”…!

 

***

As you know, most of us (Japanese) always talk about age.

Newspapers, magazines, TV news programs, TV shows… people write or talk about someone’s age all the time.

Our language (Japanese) is very complicated language (we have honorific language, humble language to use depends on their age or situation), so we need to adjust our language for people (younger than us or older than us) who we talk to.

Anyway, age is very important thing for us, but I don’t care about the number…

 

***

I care more about people who are honest or not.

When people don’t want to be honest with their age… I can’t trust this kind of people…

Why? Who cares what people think?

For me…I have a great memory of each year (each age), so I don’t want to lie about my age. I am very happy and I have a confidence about what I did in the past.

But… people are different, depends on the people, people have a different opinion about age and private & personal information, so we can’t say who is right or wrong.

 

***

By the way, to be honest… when I turned 50 years old… I was so surprised, because the number is so BIG! 

And to be honest… when I turned 50 years old… the moment (at 10:00pm on March 25 in Los Angeles) I was not 100% happy…because I don’t feel 50 years old at all… ha ha…

Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy about myself and I love my life, but I still can’t believe that I lived 50 years…WOW!

 

***

I keep an emotional diary (I have been writing a regular diary since I was 13 years old, and I have a food diary, dream diary, etc.)… I keep record my emotional level every day.

Why? This way, it's easy to maintain & manage my emotion, and able to feel happy most of the day.

Red circle mark means: Happiest
Pink circle mark means: Happy
Orange circle mark means:  Moderate
Brown cross mark means: Not bad
Black cross mark means: Really bad

What? What was my 50 year-birthday mark?  … Answer is Pink!

Ah… maybe more like between Pink and Orange :)

My average colors for 365 days are… Red days are 10%, Pink days are 60%, Orange days are 27% and Brown days are 3%. (no Black days for long time!)

 

***

By the way, how old are you?

Are you happy with your age? I hope you do.

Happy every day to you.

 

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles March 27, 2014
Copyright © 2014 Yoko Fujimoto