Thursday, February 13, 2014

#234- Scoop! Summer 2014 Fashion in L.A. (@SENKEN-SHIMBUN /daily newspaper for fashion business)

Today, I would like to share the scoop about “Summer 2014 L.A. Fashion Market Week” with you.

As you know, I always appreciate people who gave me scoop or useful information for my articles & readers. So I always translate my articles into English from Japanese (or into Japanese from English).

 
***

The article about the Summer 2014 L.A. Fashion Market Week came out on Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion trade newspaper, similar to WWD and California Apparel News) last month (on January 30, 2014).

I translated the article into English from Japanese. Please read below and enjoy it!

***

Senken-Shimbun
On January 30, 2014 (in Japan)
By Yoko Fujimoto, writer in Los Angeles

 

Summer 2014 L.A. Fashion Market Week
Popular products are made in U.S.A. and the Day & Night in one product


Summer 2014 L.A. Fashion Market Week held in the Fashion District in Los Angeles, U.S.A. for four days until January 15th. The number of buyer is fewer than last January. The popular products are made in U.S.A. and wearable both day & night.

 “American Colors by Alex Lehr”at the D&A show exhibited 19 colors of cotton shirts, chino pants, stretch denim etc. ‘’Made in U.S.A. products are popular by buyers in U.S. The black is popular in N.Y. , and there are many buyers purchased white & bright colors products in L.A. ”

Dress & home wear “Christina Lehr” is also emphasized made in U.S.A. The manufacture factory of this brand moved in L.A. from Belgium, and ‘The reason for this is helping the U.S. economy and improvement of the quality.”

“Sol Angeles” is a popular brand for Ron Herman and Kitson in U.S. and Isetan and Beams in Japan. “California style is well received by consumers.” said “Sol Angeles”. The president of “middi Japan” (store in Tokyo, Japan) Ms.Mami Koizumi revealed “We purchase many products from L.A. We are going to open the store in Hawaii and we are looking for some fresh products. We purchased World Series T-shirts of Sol Angeles etc.”

“Sjobeck Malibu” exhibited at the Brand Assembly show is also made in U.S.A. Best sell items are “the silk & knit combination products” and they have many buyers from Japan such as Ron Herman Japan that looking for something unique.

“Koral Active Wear” debuted at the show room “Nine-O-Seven” at New Mart. This brand is suggesting the “sport wear is going to evening fashion”. “We see the trend which there is growing numbers of women in 20s-50s who are going out to dinner after gym in L.A. This brand has a material of dry sweat fast. There are sexy leggings, tank tops, underwear etc. for leather jacket, open back dress and high heels. Clothing for day and evening is going to increase same as made in U.S. products” pointed out by “Nine-O-Seven”.


Next Fall L.A. Fashion Market Week will start March 16th  for four days.




Photos by Yoko Fujimoto (I took photos as well!)
P.S. As you know, no photos on my blog (due to copyright etc).

Photo #1: Cotton shirts by American Colors by Alex Lehr

Photo #2: Main products by Christina Lehr

 

***

I hope you enjoyed my article.

I always enjoy at the L.A. Fashion Market Week. It’s a small event compare to N.Y. ones, but I always meet many fabulous people at this event.

This time I had met two fabulous people at D&A. Ms. Mami Koizumi (president of middi Japan www.middi.jp ) and Ms. Emi Sakita (director of midi Japan). They are sisters and they are very fun to talk with. We had a chat at D&A with coffee & cookies. They have wonderful passion for their fashion business, I am very happy to see that!

And my little funny moment is… at the “Sol Angeles”.

I was in jet lag… (no… I mean after I hadn’t slept for 40 hours that day, because of my trip back from Japan )

Me: Are you guys from Japan?

Samira (who is the international sales manager for “Sol Angeles”):  ???

Me: Oh… I mean… Are you guys from L.A.?

Samira (who is the international sales manager for “Sol Angeles”):  Yes!

Me: Ha ha… I just got back from Japan yesterday, so I am still in jet lag and my brain is not working this morning… so… your brand is very nice! Can I talk to you?

And then…
Me: Wow… So L.A.! I love your brand!  By the way, I wrote a blog post about “so L.A.” yesterday. I love your brand name “So Angeles”. Really a “so L.A.” !


While later… I realized that this brand’s name is not “So Angeles”… Samira is very kind… she didn’t point out about my mistake…
Me: Oh…Samira, you are so sweet that you didn’t say anything… Wow “Sol Angeles” is backward word of Los (Los = Sol ). “Sol” means in Spanish is Sunshine… Wow… such a nice name!!!



***

Did you enjoy my small talk? 

 

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles February 13, 2014
Copyright © 2014 Yoko Fujimoto