Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#233- Hollywood = Glamour [Randee St Nicholas] (@SENKEN-SHIMBUN /daily newspaper for fashion business)

I used to live in Hollywood (Sunset Blvd. & La Brea Ave.)… I was studying & training at The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in West Hollywood and I was having fun with the “Hollywood lifestyle” (partying & clubbing) in 1990’s.

For me… Hollywood = Fun

Hollywood… is my favorite town.

 

***

My new column about “Hollywood” came out on the site of Senken-Shimbun (the major Japanese fashion trade newspaper http://www.senken.co.jp ) on January 28, 2014.

Even though you don’t read Japanese you can see scoop photos, please visit at http://www.senken.co.jp/report/oversea/yf/28299/



Here is my translation into English from Japanese.

 

On Senken+


Updated on January 28, 2014 (in Japan)

 

“I Love Los Angeles by Yoko Fujimoto” (title of my column series)


 
By Yoko Fujimoto

Writer in Los Angeles

 

Title of the new column: Hollywood = Glamour


 

Prince, Whitney Houston, Britney Spears, Carrie Underwood etc… A photographer & video director, Ms. Randee St Nicholas works with many celebrities for their photos & music videos. An insider would know that she is a former fashion model and a former wife of Mr. Nick St Nicholas of the famous band “Steppenwolf”.

 

Randee became a celebrity photographer by a coincidence, because of the debut album of the band “The Knack” in U.S. “I’ve got asked by The Knack to take a picture of them, and then the photo came out on the cover of their album. The album became a smash hit in the world, and I have been working as a photographer since then.” She became a TV CM director after she worked with an American business magnate, Ms. Martha Stewart for her Kmart TVCM.

 

Also the opportunity of her fashion designer career since winter 2012 has a very unique story. Randee used to make custom made clothing for some celebrities. When Randee had a photo shoot with an actress Mr. Taylor Momsen for the cover of the ELLE JAPON magazine, Taylor said “I would like to wear only these” and picked Randee’s clothing, so the editor asked Randee about the name of the brand of clothing. At that time, there was no name on her clothing, she just made her brand name “rsn boheme” at that time, and then this brand was born.

 

“I make people feel beautiful and then I take photos, so I do the same thing for my clothing. I make clothing that people could feel beautiful” said Randee. Clothing made by a photographer’s point of view is fit better, comfortable to wear, and comfortable to move. As a casual or dressy, depends on the person or depends on the feelings, the clothing expression will change. This is the one of the charm of “rsn boheme”.

 

Photos captions:

(As you know, I don't have photos in my blog. If you want to see photos, please visit at http://www.senken.co.jp/report/oversea/yf/28299/ ).

 

Photo 1: Ms. Randee St Nicholas took a photo of Ms. Britney Spears (singer). Ms. Nicholas talked about the secret of how to take a beautiful photo, “I make a communication with people to make feel good themselves, and I can take a beautiful photo.”

 

Photo 2: Ms. Randee St Nicholas took a photo of Ms. Whitney Houston (singer). “Light is the key for the photo” said Ms. Nicholas about the secret of good photo shoot.

 

Photo 3: “Photo is capture the moment” said Ms. Randee St Nicholas (http://www.randeestnicholas.com/). She was a fashion model for 8 years from age11 until 18. (This photo is Ms. Nicholas when she was a model.) “I worked as a model, because I needed to earn the tuition to become a painter.”

 

Photo 4: At the studio of Ms. Randee St Nicholas, showroom area of “rsn boheme”. “rsn boheme” (http://www.rsnboheme.com/) has a signature product which is the body conscious clothing with a lot of stretch lace.

 

Photo 5: At the studio of Ms. Randee St Nicholas. An actress Mr. Taylor Momsen loves “rsn boheme”.



Photo 6: At the office of Ms. Randee St Nicholas. Ms. Nicholas took some photos of the assistant of Prince (singer). Ordinary people will be an art by Ms. Nicholas.

 
Photo 7: Ms. Randee St Nicholas’s art work on the wall of the studio of Ms. Randee St Nicholas. “I took this photo, because I saw the puddle after rain” said Ms. Nicholas naturally, but her belief (“I don’t miss any moment”) is there.



Photo 8: Popular & Best seller of “rsn boheme”



Photo 9: An actress Mr. Taylor Momsen wears the popular item of “rsn boheme”

 

***

 

I was very honor to meet Ms. Randee St Nicholas and her agent Mr. Ryan Supple.

 

I was very impressed with Randee that her studio displayed some other photographer’s photos on the wall…

 

What a humble person she is… she is a true artist. She respects other artist’s work…which means she is happy for people and she shares her happiness with the other people. What a wonderful & beautiful human being…

 

Ryan is the same way. I was very impressed with him. He is very good at showing how Randee is a fabulous artist. He is the one who introduced Randee’s clothing to the photo shoot crew of ELLE JAPON magazine. He is a true & great agent.

 
Randee… Amazing talented artist. Humble human being. Fun person.

Ryan… Amazing talented agent. Kind human being. Fun person.

I was very lucky to interview Randee and Ryan.

 

 

This column is the best way to start my new year, right?

Life is beautiful.

Have a beautiful 2014 to you :)

 

By Yoko Fujimoto

Los Angeles January 28, 2014

Copyright © 2014 Yoko Fujimoto