Wednesday, December 4, 2013

#230- Topanga Canyon (L.A.) = Conscious Community [A supermodel Angela Lindvall] (@SENKEN-SHIMBUN /daily newspaper for fashion business)

Oops… my new column is on the Senken-Shimbun today… I guess my editor couldn’t wait to publish it (my new column supposed to publish on Dec 15th)  … :)

Anyway, my new column came out today (December 5, 2013) in Japan on the site of Senken-Shimbun (the major Japanese fashion trade newspaper http://www.senken.co.jp).

You can click on my face logo on the front page of this site (http://www.senken.co.jp) for a couple of days (A couple of days later, you can click on here at my column page http://www.senken.co.jp/report/oversea/yf ).

 
Even though you don’t read Japanese you can see scoop photos, please visit at http://www.senken.co.jp/report/oversea/yf/24055/

 
Here is my translation into English from Japanese.

 
On Senken+
(http://www.senken.co.jp )
Updated on December 5, 2013 (in Japan)

 
“I Love Los Angeles by Yoko Fujimoto” (title of my column series)
http://www.senken.co.jp/report/oversea/yf

By Yoko Fujimoto
Writer in Los Angeles

 
Title of the new column: Topanga Canyon (L.A.) = Conscious Community 
(http://www.senken.co.jp/report/oversea/yf/24055/)

 
10 minutes by the mountain road from the town which many celebrities are living “Malibu Beach”, there is a “Village that many unique people who love nature life style” Topanga Canyon.

 
In this village, a supermodel Ms. Angela Lindvall bought a mansion in huge land 7 acres 7 years ago. She has a balanced life style in her fashion & entertainment career and private life with two sons (11 year old and 8 year old). She is having fulfilling days.

 
“I learned that everything we experience is from our perception. I thought everyone was judgmental, but I realized, no you are judgment and you are coming with this opinion. If we think the fashion show and party are fun, and then fun things will come. Fashion is expression to me. My favorite style is masculine and feminine, I like mixing.”

 
“After I gave birth to my baby, I moved to L.A. that could enjoy healthy life style from big city N.Y. Topanga has no chain café and restaurant. Everything is family own coffee shops, family own markets, and ranches. It’s like an old community mentality” said Angela.

 
With her thought “I would like to share my experience”, she started renting her house to people who want to have the experience of healthy life style. “GREENLEAF OASIS” is for enjoying the healthy food, spa, yoga, hiking etc.

 
“L.A. is very cutting edge, in terms of it’s always been in the forefront of conscious living and health. Everything is coming from here” Angela praises highly about L.A.

 
Photos captions:

(As you know, I don't have photos in my blog. If you want to see photos, please visit at http://www.senken.co.jp/report/oversea/yf/24055/).

 
Photo 1: At the living room of Angela’s house. Her secret of the supermodel body is healthy food and yoga. She got a Kundalini Yoga teacher license while she was working and raising her children. She said, “Opening up the consciousness and changed my life.”


Photo 2: At her garden with smell of lavender. The garden has 60 fruits trees and the farm of 10 kinds of organic vegetables. You can enjoy with the view of mountains of Topanga Canyon and feel like being in the wild nature. “Only 30 minutes from the central of L.A. I am happy to share this life style in nature” said Angela. There is great information about Topanga Canyon on the website of lodging facilities of her house “GREENLEAF OASIS” (http://www.greenleafoasis.org ).

 
Photo 3: At the Angela’s dining room of her house. There are family photos and memorable photos on the wall. “I don’t think it’s about being something different, it’s about being best of you” said Angela.

 
***

Gosh… I am so lucky to know Angela.

She is very positive & beautiful inside and out.

 
Angela quote #1: We are a human being, not a human doing, right? So I think, really it’s important to learn how to be still, to be present.

Angela quote #2: I feel very fortunate that I am finding a balance. For me, most important thing, I want to find this balance of being here.

Angela quote #3: What is my motto of my life? Being in the moment. Enjoy every moment.


***

Anyway... this post is the best way to finish my 2013, right?

Ok… I am leaving for Japan soon…

 
Again… Happy Holidays to you!!!
 
See you in Next Year!

 
By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles December 5, 2013
Copyright © 2013 Yoko Fujimoto