Sunday, December 1, 2013

#229- Spring 2014 L.A. (@SENKEN-SHIMBUN /daily newspaper for fashion business)

This is my last post in 2013, because I am going to take a winter vacation, and I will be in Japan for 40 days.

Before my winter vacation, I would like to share the scoop about “Spring 2014 L.A. Fashion Market Week” with you.

As you know, I always appreciate people who gave me scoop or useful information for my articles & readers. So I always translate my articles into English from Japanese (or into Japanese from English).

 
***

The other day, the article about the Spring 2014 L.A. Fashion Market Week came out on Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion trade newspaper, similar to WWD and California Apparel News).

I translated the article into English from Japanese. Please read below and enjoy it!


***

Senken-Shimbun
On November 14, 2013 (in Japan)
By Yoko Fujimoto, writer in Los Angeles

 

Wild color& design
Spring 2014 L.A. Fashion Market Week
Individuality shows


Spring 2014 L.A. Fashion Market Week held in the Fashion District in Los Angeles, U.S.A. during mid-October for four days.

 
At this time, it seems like many products are trying to “make different from the other company”, and there are many wild arrangement of colors and design products.


At the SELECT show, a first exhibitor from Georgia “Mamie Ruth” has a bohemian style with a unique print & color combination. An owner & designer of this brand, Ms. Emily Bargeron emphasized, “Clothing is an art. I want people to wear clothing with a feeling, not wearing a cloth. Japanese people understand this, so I would like to sell my products in Japan.”


“Angelys Balek” at the D&A show has also unique print combination. It looks like a painting on the clothing, it’s a fun charm.


The colorful arts on clothing “Under 2 Flags” and the unique print “Primitive” also seem like the same trend in men’s.


The first exhibitor at the D&A show “rsn boheme” is designed by the celebrity photographer Ms. Randee St Nicholas who has been making custom-made clothing for celebrities since couple of years ago. Her line is getting popular by the word of mouth. “Celebrities such as Prince, Britney Spears are wearing my brand, and the comfortable clothing is their favorable reception”, she said. Her products are available at the major stores in L.A. such as “Maxfield” and “Church” etc. “The pattern maker is a 60 year-veteran (80 years old). Fit is perfect.” It’s very comfortable to move and very stylish, this brand shows the strength of the photographer.


Good quality Japanese brands are doing well. At the COEUR show, first exhibitor and N.Y. scarf brand “Grisal” is designed by Japanese and made in Japan. The scarf made by the special machine in Nigata, Japan. It’s soft touch and it’s layered look with two scarves (duo style). “There are many buyers who are relieved to hear that our products are made in Japan. I've got a deal with Fred Segal which is our ideal store.”

 
“Red Card Denim” is also popular for buyers because their products are made in Japan. “Buyers in U.S. love the high quality of wash technic.”

 
Next L.A. Fashion Market Week will start January 12th for four days.

 
Photos by Yoko Fujimoto (I took photos as well!)
P.S. As you know, no photos on my blog.

Photo #1: Main products of “Mamie Ruth”

Photo #2: Unique combination of print tops & skirt, “Angelys Balek”, and the butterfly theme dress

Photo #3: Main products of “Under 2 Flags”

Photo #4: Popular products for buyers of “Primitive”

 
Did you enjoy the spring 2014 scoop in L.A.?

 
***

By the way, I have a colorful scoop for you.

2014 Lucky Feng Shui Colors are… pink, gold and camel.


Yes…pink is my color... 2014 will be my year :)

I hope you have your favorite colors in these three colors…


***

Happy Holidays to you :)

See you in January 2014!

 
By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles December 1, 2013
Copyright © 2013 Yoko Fujimoto