Sunday, August 18, 2013

#221- At the 100th Birthday Party

Today, I went to the 100th Birthday Party in West Hollywood.

It was my friend’s husband’s late wife’s father (Mr. G)’s birthday party.

 
Since I’ve got an invitation card last month, I was wondering what I should get for him.

I wanted him to have a happy gift… I was thinking, thinking, and thinking… and I asked my mother on the phone (She lives in Tokyo, Japan), “What I should get for him?”

My mother said, “100 years old man has everything by now, so I think delicious food is good for him!”

Ok… my mother is always right.

I’ve got a box of delicious truffles (by GODIVA / my late father’s favorite chocolate) and a nice birthday card (there were many words of “Happy” on it).

 
Yes, my mother was right. Mr. G loves sweets (His gifts for us were a chocolate cookie and a bottle of jelly beans).


***

The party was so gorgeous.

The 100th Birthday Celebration for Mr. G held in the ballroom of MAGGIANO’S LITTLE ITALY at The Grove. 120 people (family & friends) attended his party.

His favorite color, blue was the theme color of the party. The decoration of blue and green balloons was on every table.

 

120 people wished his happiness.

Mr. G is the happiest guy!

 
President, Mr. Barack H. Obama and his wife Ms. Michelle Obama gave him birthday wishes.

What a lucky man!

 
I was impressed with Mr. G’s late daughter’s ex-husband (Mr. J, my friend’s husband) gave him a nice speech.

Mr. J said to Mr. G, he appreciated that Mr. G gave him a permission to remarried to his new wife (my friend, Ms. K).

What a nice family!

 
***

How to live to 100 years old?

 
Two things…

#1- Mr. G don’t get involve in other people’s business.

#2- Mr. G is funny.

 
 
I asked Mr. G, do you have other secret to have a long life?

Mr. G said, “I can’t hear this ear”.

Mr. G pointed his left side ear, but I was talking to his right side ear…Oh… I guess, we don’t need to deal with a difficult question.

 
Life is long, and Simple is the best… just “Be happy”… right?

 
***

Ms. J (who is a former Michael Jackson’s spiritual adviser) was sitting next to me, so I asked her many questions… I guess, I am a journalist for 24/7… she gave me great answers.

And Ms. J asked me one question, “Did you curl your hair?” I said, “Yes”.  Ms. J said, “Pretty”.

Life is beautiful… just “Be beautiful”… right?

 
***

The party was happy, happy and happy.

 
#1- Yes, I was so happy at the party, especially to see Mr. G’s smile.

#2- Yes, I was so happy at the party, especially to eat delicious food.

 

Course One:
Freshly Baked Bread
Calamari Fritte
Spinach & Artichoke al Forno
Spinach Salad

Course Two:
Chicken & Spinach Manicotti
Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia
Eggplant Parmesan
Grilled Asparagus

Course Three:
Birthday Cake (Velvet Cake)
N.Y. Style Cheese Cake
Warm Apple Crostada

Coffee, Iced Tea and Apple Cider…

 
EAT TALK SMILE

It was the perfect 100th Birthday Celebration.

Life is good.

 

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles August 18, 2013
Copyright © 2013 Yoko Fujimoto