Skip to main content

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer for newspapers,magazines as well as a journalist for TV.
I am from Tokyo, Japan and have been living in Los Angeles since 1990.
[日本語のブログFromLAby藤本庸子] fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog
[日本語のツイッター] https://twitter.com/YOKOfromLA

#219- My two articles on July 25 in Japan (@SENKEN-SHIMBUN & @Weekly Gendai)

Yesterday in Japan (July 25, 2013), my two articles came out in Japan.

 
Article #1 is in Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion trade newspaper).

Article #2 is in Shukan Gendai (Kodansha, major Japanese publishing company’s weekly magazine).

 
#1: You are interested in Denim or Fashion business? Then, please read “Article #1: Kingpins Show in L.A.” below.

#2: You are interested in Psychic or Japan?  Then, please read “Article #2: Another big disaster in Japan?” below + below.

 
If you are not into fashion or psychic, stop reading right here. Have a nice day :)

 

*** Article #1: Kingpins Show in L.A.

 
July 9th and 10th, I was at the KINGPINS SHOW (www.kingpinsshow.com the KINGPINS SHOW is a boutique global denim and jeans supply chain show).

Again (I wrote about this many times in the past), I love KINGPINS SHOW, because the owner of this show Mr. Andrew Olah is the best = this show is the best!

Again + Again (I wrote about this many times in the past), Like attracts like…This word is for this show.

 
Anyway, I already talked (wrote) too much, so let’s get started!

Here is my translation (Japanese into English) of my article in Senken-Shimbun.

Ok… Here you go!

 
Senken-Shimbun
On July 25, 2013 (in Japan)
By Yoko Fujimoto, writer in Los Angeles

 
Headline: KINGPINS SHOW in L.A.
Good quality Japanese products are popular

Second Headline: Premium knit denim is growing

 
Denim and jeans supply chain show “KINGPINS SHOW” held in downtown Los Angeles (L.A.),U.S.A. two days mid in July. 47 companies exhibited at this show, and major denim brands in L.A. visited.

The owner of this show Mr. Andrew Olah emphasized, “U.S. premium denim market is still in the hard time, so we need to produce fresh products. Otherwise this market is not going to change at all.”

Kurabo pointed it out, “Skinny jeans are very good in the U.S. market, so we still have good sales with piece-dyed products. Fresh products are twill weave and dobby.” Rainbow Textiles was “stretch corduroy which soft and quick recovers stretch has need by consumers. Our sales are doing well with regular buyers.”

Toyoshima International America (which dealing with major brands such as True Religion, J Brand, Theory etc) exhibited first time in L.A. show, but they had great attentions from the major denim brand designers in L.A. such as Mr. Adriano Goldschmied, Mr. Tadd Zarubica etc. “The price point is very high, 30% more than the other company, but many buyers said great quality” revealed. Their fresh products are organic cotton, Indigo jacquard and cashmere treatment cotton which has everything from technic to quality.

The president of One-Any Co.Ltd., Mr. Daisuke Kiyoshi was very delighted and said, “Many buyers told me that Japanese products are very appealing and great, because they are so detail oriented such as salvage with spupima cotton. To touch, feel, everything is good. I am very happy to hear that as a designer.”

First time exhibitor Silvadur sold to denim designers for differentiation of their products, “after 50 times wash, the denim has still antibacterial effect on the material.”

Italian Job is also first time exhibitor, “We have been dealing with Levi's, Diesel, AG etc., we have many unique products such as cotton with leather treatment, special treatment for wool dye, blocked dye etc.”

Invista said, “Many companies (more than twice as much) are using Knit denim which is LYCRA with cotton. They are expensive that they charge $5-10 a yard compare to regular company $3.5-8,but this material is good for a new style pants.” Bluefarm Textile’s fresh product is Indigo jacquard.

Mr.Adriano Goldschmied analyzed, “Next trend will be baggy and relaxed. Sophisticated consumers are looking for made in U.S. denim.”

The president of California Fashion Association Ms. Ilse Metcheck who held the seminar explained, “At this time average teenager has 7 jeans, so when they grew up in 2018 they will purchase more jeans, and this market might be 560 billion dollar market. The denim market future is bright.”

 

Photos:

(By the way, as I always mention, I don’t put any images/photos in my blog, because my concept of my blog is “Enjoy writings without any photos/images” and I always care about the copyright. You know what I mean?)

 
Senken-Shimun article’s photos by Yoko Fujimoto

Photo #1- Italian Job’s popular items
Photo #2- Organic cotton by Toyoshima International America
Photo #3- Knit denim by Invista
Photo #4- Bluefarm Textile’s indigo jacquard

 

*** Artcile #2: Another big disaster in Japan?

“Do you believe about the big disaster in September? Warning by an American who predicted 3.11”… this is the headline for Shukan Gendai (weekly magazine by Kodansha, major Japanese publishing company).

On this Monday (July 22), I’ve received an email and a phone call from the editor of Shukan Gendai in Japan.

This phone call was the phone interview about my friend and celebrity psychic, Mr. Ron Bard (if you want to know about him more, please visit his website or twitter page. please use google! )’s new prediction for Japan etc.

I have been helping Ron for his Japanese tweets sometimes (I am translating into Japanese from his English. Only for important & urgent messages to Japanese people. Our mission is  “Save Japan”) since March 1, 2013.

 
At this time, Ron predicted many things about Japan (including disaster in Japan, similar to 3.11 natural disaster), so Shukan Gendai featured Ron’s story & his predictions.

I don’t have a copyright of this article, so I can’t translate into English here, but if you have a Japanese friend who reads Japanese, ask them to read the article for you… or just visit Ron’s website or Twitter page and read his predictions.

 
By the way, I would like to share my thought (I wrote 16 tweets in Japanese the other day, please see below) about the psychic and fortuneteller.

So I translated my Japanese tweets into English… 140 words in Japanese into 140 words in English… it was hard to do it… Anyway, here you go!

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #1:
When I was a writer with anan in late 1980 (very popular fashion magazine in Japan at that time), I interviewed 13 fortunetellers for a feature article about fortune-telling. I remember that some fortunetellers told me, “You have a talent of fortune-telling”.

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #2:
I remember about it, because psychic Mr.Ron Bard told me the other day, “Everyone has a talent of psychic. It’s up to us, we use it or not.”

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #3:
I have a good instinct. Of course, I am a human being, so I sometimes wrong. But most of the time, my instinct is right :)

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #4:
I believe my words (thought) more than other people’s words (thought), because my path will be with my words (thought). I mean I decide my path by my words (thought).

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #5:
But, sometimes we feel weak or we feel sick as a human being. So at the weak time, some people rely on God and ask for God’s help , or people think about the predictions or fortune-telling.

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #6:
More than 10 years ago, I was almost scammed by a fortuneteller. That day, it was my late father’s memorial day and I had a bad headache, a Caucasian female fortuneteller stopped me at the South Coast Plaza, and said to me, “if you have dirty money, you will get serious illness” and she tried to steal a lot of money from me.

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #7:
Since then (I was almost scamed by her), I lost interest for predictions and fortuneteller things. Because “answer is in me”… this is it.

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #8:
But, there are many things which human power can’t resolve in this world. And some miracle things happen sometimes.

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #9:
I am so glad that I met him for an interview, because he answered to my question perfectly. I asked him “Even I have a bad prediction, I believe I can change my future by my own power. How about you?” His answer was, “YES, YOU CAN”.

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #10:
For example, Ron told me, “If someone has a prediction to have a cancer, but try to prevent. This person will not have a cancer.” I am so glad to hear this story, because I can live my life with my thought (hope).

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #11:
But, this person might be complain to you, “I didn't get cancer, your prediction is wrong”. Ron told me, “I don't care about my reputation. I care about person and I am wishing the person's happiness.”

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #12:
If the big earthquake or the disaster occur, but I believe we are ok. Because we are preparing with our mind, our food & goods & our safety system, and we have belief to be safe.

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #13:
I read some articles regarding 3.11 on Japanese newspaper about the comments from the survivors, “right before the earthquake, my late husband told me to go to see my friend by the bus” or “I was praying, I am ok.”

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #14:
No matter what predictions are, I think it’s up to us to use it or not for our life. Some people says, “I believe only good prediction and I don’t believe bad ones.” I guess, this is the best way.

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #15:
When I was watching the news about the Boston Marathon Explosions, I thought “what if we had the prediction about it and many people escaped from it, the damage wasn't bad like that?”

 
My thought about psychic and fortuneteller #16:
Eventually we decide our path by ourselves. We believe others (psychic and fortuneteller) words or we don't believe others. It doesn't matter, most important thing is that we use the good information for our life.

 
Thank you for reading!

 
By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles July 25, 2013
Copyright © 2013 Yoko Fujimoto

Popular posts from this blog

#271-Why people fight?

Why do human beings keep fighting with each other or fighting wars?

About profit?

About territory?

About religion?

About ethnicity?

About statism?

About collectivism?



Why can’t we talk instead of fight (war)?

People are trying to change others…

People don’t want to change for others…

People think “I am right, you are wrong”…



I was thinking about “how can we resolve issues of terrorism and war in this world, can we talk instead of fighting?”



And then I realized “I need to think about my issue first” (since I moved into my apartment in Montrose one year ago)… yes, I have an issue about my living situation… my upstairs neighbor (64 years old woman who is not working) has been waking me up every night (around 11:15pm, 12:15am and 1:15am) with loud squeezing footsteps (it sounds not normal & regular footsteps) for one year… I had to call police twice, and I fought with this neighbor twice…



I tried to go to bed at the same time when this neighbor goes to bed… it doesn’t work (for me late night ene…

#144- To my people, Japanese people 米国より東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へメッセージ / 海外セレブからのお見舞い&応援メッセージ -Pray for Japan(日本に祈りを捧げます)-

Sorry folks, Today, I am going to write a message in Japanese, in my native language to Japanese people. If you read Japanese, please do.

I am going to write my thoughts for Japan &Japanese people and sending prayers to Japan & people in Japan.

Love,
Yoko

P.S. I am going to write in English next time. xoxo Y

******** My Japanese blog :

From LA by 藤本庸子      
(http://fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/03/pray-for-japan-.html)


東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へ

このたびの東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)により被災されたすべての方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。そして、犠牲になられた方々とご遺族の皆様に、深くお悔やみを申し上げます。

日本にいらっしゃる皆様、どうかご無事で、早く、安心出来る暮らし、笑顔が戻ってきますように、心からお祈り申し上げます。


*** 米国でも多くの人が心を痛めており、皆様のご無事を願っています

東北・関東地方で起った大震災に心を痛めながら、私は、「米国在住のライターの私に、日本の皆様のために出来ることをしたい」と、こちらで流れるテレビニュースの画面を見つめながら、ずっと考えていました。

そうしていましたら、本日(ロサンゼルス:3月18日/日本:3月19日)、仕事でお付き合いのある茨城県在住の女性(実際にお会いしたことはありません)から、「テレビでも、世界各国からの応援メッセージをもっと放送して欲しい」とメールをいただきました。

早速、私が報道の仕事で関わっている日本のテレビ局、ラジオ局の幹部、報道記者の方々へ、この女性のメッセージを届け、放送に関してのお願いメールを送信致しました。


*** 米国在住の私に出来ることを考えてみました

このブログは2008年10月に閉じていますが、…

#267-Kitson and KITROSS

I really think that the founder of Kitson, Mr. Fraser Kitson Ross is genius for marketing & business. He knows how to entertain customer, and he knows what L.A. is and how to enjoy L.A.




About Kitson and Fraser, I have written a lot on Senken-Shimbun and LA Celeb (their business closed, but it was a popular Japanese online shopping site), and I also made a story about Kitson on Japanese TV program (TBS TV).



At this time, I interviewed Fraser and wrote an article about Kitson, him and his new store KITROSS on Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper).



If you want to know about Kitson, Fraser and KITROSS, read below.

My translation (into English) is not perfect, but my Japanese article is more than perfect, ha ha…; )



********

Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper)

Article about Kitson and KITROSS by Yoko Fujimoto

Published on paper on June 27, 2016



■■”Kitson” re-started with “KITROSS”

■”Actually, I love L.A.”

■L.A. casual clothing and pop culture are the b…