Friday, June 7, 2013

#214- Fabulous lunches in L.A.

I love what I do.

I am a freelance writer and living in Los Angeles. I love my life.



On Wednesday (June 5th), I had a fabulous lunch with Mr.Ron Robinson who is a president of Ron Robinson at Fred Segal / APOTHIA at Fred Segal (Ron Robinson Inc. http://www.ronrobinson.com).


He always treats me so nice, he is such a caring person. It makes sense that he is very successful for business life and personal life both. He has a wonderful family and wonderful business.


At the Fred Segal Mauro Café, he treated me lunch and we had fun chat before magazine interview. His son and his wife (Stacy who is a vice president of Ron Robinson Inc.) were together with us.


I was going to interview him during the lunch to save his time, so I ordered rigatoni pasta instead of spaghetti (easy to eat & easy to interview).


Ron is very kind and sweet, he told me, “Yoko, I make time for your interview, so please take your time to eat.” How sweet he is!

We (Ron, his son and Stacy) had a nice time. Conversation is private, but I can say… Ron knows how to make people happy, because he enjoys his life and he would like to share his happiness with people.

That’s why many people love his stores. His stores have always something special, because he is a very special person.


After lunch, I interviewed Ron for a new Japanese magazine (I will write about it later when this magazine comes out in July) with coffee (I needed caffeine) & tea (Ron loves tea).

His life story is amazing! (After the new magazine comes out, I will translate this interview column into English from Japanese.)

He is a truly successful entrepreneur & He is a truly wonderful human being.

Oh… one more thing… his new car is very stylish and Ron is very charming. He showed me his new car, Tesla.

Me: Tesla?

Ron: You don’t know Tesla, Yoko???

Me: No…

Ron: I will show you my new car!

Me: Wow… this door knob is like an accessory!

Yes, his new car is also very stylish and fancy.

 
I really enjoyed 3 hours with Ron at Fred Segal on Melrose on Wednesday.

***

On Monday (June 3rd), I also had a fabulous lunch with my friend, Ms.Kimberly Goodnight (A president of PR company, PureConsulting http://www.pureconsultinginfo.com) at my apartment in Los Feliz.

She always treats me lunch, but I don’t go out to eat lately… I am trying to save some money after recession (and I am trying to focus on my writings for novels & scripts, so my regular projects are getting less and less… you know what I mean)… so I thought I can treat her lunch at my place (Yes, At the Yoko’s Restaurant)  !

As you know (if you are my regular readers), I only shop at the Gelson’s (because they have great quality products & great positive energy), so even though my cooking skill is ok, my cooking is very tasty :)

Anyway, I cooked Japanese chicken curry on Sunday (it took 2 hours to cook!) to prepare for this lunch.

Apple cider, salad, Japanese chicken curry, rice and tea. I made Kimberly happy (I hope!).

 
Kimberly always gives me a scoop for my writings. I really appreciate her kindness and her friendship.

After lunch, we went to downtown L.A. for an interview someone (this interview for a new publication as well, so I can’t write about it on here today… I will write about it sometime later).

Kimberly has also a great balance of business life and personal life. She is very beautiful inside and out.

 
I am so happy to have her in my life.

***

I am so lucky to have fabulous people in my life.

Life is fabulous.

 
By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles June 7, 2013
Copyright © 2013 Yoko Fujimoto