Wednesday, April 17, 2013

#209- What do you care?

The other day, I had a small talk with a Japanese woman on my Japanese Twitter page.

#1- The Japanese woman: The history recognition is different by the government of the country, so even though I talk with an American about the war, we can’t understand each other. The American is educated by the U.S. government for their good.

#2- My reply to her comment: You are right. Regarding the history recognition, each country people is educated by own country’s government for their good. U.S. and Japan are the same. We don’t need to discuss “which country is right or wrong” about the war, because war is wrong anyway.

#3- The Japanese woman: Regarding the attack on Pearl Harbor, if I say “American government let Japanese military attacked it, because they wanted to try to use atomic bombs”, American is not going to believe what I say, right? So we don’t need to waste our time to talk to each other.

#4- My reply to her comment: People were crazy during the war, because people were trying to protect their loved ones. That’s why we don’t need to waste our time to discuss “which country is right or wrong” about the war. War is wrong, anyway.

#5- The Japanese woman: Even though some foreigners say “we will help Japan and Japanese people”, we feel meddlesome, intervention in domestic affairs and annoying. Because we are different in culture, the history and a way of thinking.

#6- My reply to her comment: I really understand how much you really care for Japan. I left Japan 25 years ago, but my thought for my home country Japan is same as yours. People are different in culture, the history and a way of thinking, but we are connected to each other on this world & universe. Let’s make peace for Japan and the world together.

 
***

Even though we (this Japanese woman and me) are the same people, we misunderstand each other.

And even though we are different, I believe that we will understand each other after long talk.

Sometimes we feel like “life is unfair” …as you know what happened in Boston (Boston Marathon explosions on Monday) or in Texas (explosion in Texas tonight)…

Sometimes people says, “Why me?” “Why us?”…

When I have a trouble, I always try to find “what is the reason?” or “what is the cause?”. Because the problem is not made by the one person (or the one way).

I don’t care what other people think of me, but I care about how other people feel.


How about you?  What do you care?

Wishing you all the happiness in the world. Love + Peace = Happiness

 
By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles April 17, 2013
Copyright © 2013 Yoko Fujimoto