Monday, October 1, 2012

#190- How many things do you have at home?

Ms. D (Taiwanese friend) always laughs and says (When I say “I don’t have time to talk on the phone right now, because I am cleaning my home”) to me, “Again, you are cleaning? Your home is always organized and clean, you don’t need to clean so often!”

The maintenance guy of my apartment building said to me the other day, “Your room is the most cleanest of 263 unites!” (Yes, I treat everything like myself. I don’t have any scratches on my door & wall, I treat my floor is like my face, I use book covers for my books / my books always look brand-new, etc…!)

Mr. T (my old boyfriend) said to me once, “Your book shelves are so organized and it looks much better than a book store!”

Mr. X (my old old friend, I forgot his name, but I remember his comments) said to me once, “Your things are everything so brand-new. You don’t have anything old huh? ” No… he was wrong, my couch is 14 years old, but it looks brand-new. You know why? I just treat things like myself, I take care of my things carefully and appreciative, that’s all.

“I just love to feel clean, because I want to feel good energy.”

After Ms. N (my friend) reads my today’s post, I am sure that she will say to me again, “You are my funniest friend!”

Yesterday, Ms. S (my friend) wrote me an email, “haha. you are funny cleaning machine!!! 2617 stuff. wow. we have crazy amounts of THINGS, huh? : ) ”


*******
 
The concept of my life is, “Simple is the best. Keep it simple.”

I agree with Ms. Dominique Loreau (French author who lives in Japan for 30 years). I really agree with her book (L'art de la Simplicite).

Each Japanese people have about 6000 things and each Mongolian people have about 300 things at home. (This info is from this book.)

I am not a material girl… I mean, I usually try not to have many things at home. I love to have a room like a hotel room (they have simple things to relax and sleep).

Even though I use three slippers daily (#1 is for after bath time / my feet are super clean, #2 is for staying at home day / my feet are clean, #3 is for after I come home from outside / my feet are ok clean), I have 2617 things at home!  I guess, this number is very good number for a simple life :)

By the way, I didn’t count magazines & newspapers which I wrote (I count with boxes), and I also didn’t count make-up stuff and medicine stuff (I count with boxes).

It was so nice to count and wipe my stuff, and said “Thank you” to each one.

Sounds crazy? I guess, this is good for Zen (cleaning is for clear mind)… appreciation and cleaning is good for good energy & happiness.

Sometimes I scare people, because I am a perfectionist (this means, do my best!) or I have a little OCD (a little OCD is a great thing, I think) or I am a clean freak… but you know what?  Who cares :)

I just want to feel good and feel happy, that’s all.

How about you?  How many stuff do you have at home?

 
By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles Oct 1, 2012
Copyright © 2012 Yoko Fujimoto