Sunday, September 23, 2012

#189- Creative + Smart People have a Creative + Happy Life :)

Tonight, Ms. Suzy Sachs / a producer ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0755194/ ) invited me to her house for her family dinner.

She is a very creative person and her husband, Hunington (A successful lawyer, and he has so many “professional” hobbies) is also a creative person.

What a powerful + great married couple.

Their house is very stylish and Suzy has a great taste for interior etc. They have a great taste of life, especially they are great at cook!

Suzy said, “The combination of the flavors; sweet, sour, salty and savory... It's like magic in your mouth. : ) ”

Sounds like a real life… Sweet, Sour, Salty and Savory…!

The dinner menu was: Homemade mango ice tea, Vietnamese style dishes / Wrap with mesclun (from their garden) + #1- Crispy rice cake & fresh mint with garlic ginger chile sauce, #2- Squid with lime garlic chile sauce, #3- Spicy turkey ground meat, #4- Bean sprouts, #5- Carrot & Radish, Homemade beer, and Vanilla ice cream & Mango sherbet with cookie & pecan.

The dinner was perfect delicious!!!

***

Homemade beer???

The beer is homebrewed patersbier which is a Belgian style beer.

OMG, it was first time, I tasted a homemade beer. It was sooooooo good!!!

Wow, I am very impressed by Hunington’s hobbies. He has a blog about it at Hunington Sachs Brauerei (http://huningtonsachsbrauerei.blogspot.com/).

Suzy said, “I don't watching TV, so I do as much crafty things as possible. We like to make everything as fresh and homemade as possible everything from craft beers, organic home grown vegetables and herbs, to unique things like charcuterie, dried fruits we put into teas, homemade marmalades like grapefruit marmalade jalapeño and more!”

***

Their daughters (Sabine and Hanneke) are beautiful and smart.


Me: I watch “Pretty Little Liars”! Do you watch that?

Sabine (She is 16 years old) : Oh… I watched it once, but the show is for kids.

Me: Oh…the show is my favorite! I am a kid, huh!

She is a smart girl and I enjoyed our conversation.


Hanneke (She is 11 years old) asked me about Japan a lot. She told me she loves Japan.

She showed me her favorite doll from Japan.

I showed her how to write my name in Japanese, and I wrote her name in Japanese.

I felt like we connected to each other and we became friends. I felt like, I am a 12 years old girl :)

***

At the table, I liked we prayed before the dinner.

They are messianic Jews.

Most of my great friends are Jewish people. I love them very much, because they work hard and they play hard. They enjoy their life as much as they can. I love that.

I am a spiritual person, but I don’t have a religion. I sometimes I would like to go to the temple or church to feel my GOD… so, like tonight, I felt GOD around me with Suzy & her family.

***

After dinner, I became a 48 years old woman again. We (Suzy, Hunington and I) had a great conversation from Food, Japanese pop culture to the Second World War.

Five hours later, they gave me nice gifts (Japanese eggplants from their garden & Homemade loquat jam).

What a wonderful night. Wonderful people + Wonderful food + Wonderful conversation = Wonderful night + Wonderful feelings.


Life is beautiful and Love is around us :)

Happy everyday to you :)

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles Sep 23, 2012
Copyright © 2012 Yoko Fujimoto