Sunday, July 8, 2012

#181- Breakfast at Figaro Bistrot

This morning, my stylish friend Marie and I had a nice breakfast at Figaro Bistrot in Los Feliz.

Figaro Bistrot is our breakfast place since I have moved to Los Feliz six years ago. (Our regular breakfast place is Le Clafoutis at Sunset Plaza since 20 years ago.)

Marie is so sweet that she doesn’t want me to drive far (to West Hollywood), and she drives to Los Feliz for me. (She is a great driver, and I am not… especially I am not good at parallel parking…ha ha…)

Great food and friend make me sooo happy :)


I KNOW WHAT I WANT:

I always know what I want, and I always get what I want .( Oh… one thing I always don’t get what I want…“A quiet neighbor”...I just don’t know why I always get a noisy neighbor…! / If you know how to remove my noisy neighbor, please make contact with me!!!)

Anyway, it comes to food, I always get what I really want :)

My favorite menu from Figaro Bistrot is Poached Eggs with Asparagus (with Salad and Potato) & Cappuccino (with a lot of sugar! I always get great energy from sugar!) & some Bread with their homemade Strawberry Jam & Butter, and I ate everything these today again.


SHE ALWAYS MAKES ME HAPPY:

Marie is a stylish, smart, funny, beautiful and sweet woman. She is from Sweden, so we are a great match (Swedish people and Japanese people are similar for many ways)!

She always gives me nice compliments.

Today, she liked my outfit (I was wearing the cream yellow capri pants with a light blue tank top & a dark blue top, and a blue flower necklace & a red stone necklace) and my gold toe nails (She asked me “How did you do your nails perfectly by yourself?”, Me: “I love to do it by myself and save some money as well!”).

Especially she liked my today’s outfit, because I was wearing the Swedish color! (Do you know the Swedish flag color?)

After this breakfast, she has sent me a nice email, “THANK YOU for today i had a blast as always you always make me smile yoko see you soon”.

What a nice friend :)

I am so happy to have her in my life :)


SHE KNOWS SO MANY THINGS:

I like a smart person. Marie is so smart, she always knows the answer!

When I was talking about the guy who collapsed at the party on the 4th of July, she explained about how we should do with people who collapsed. She told me, “I learned about it at school (in Sweden).”

Me: Wow, I didn’t know how to do it, so I asked about it to my mom on the phone the other day.

Then, she told me how website shopping is great!

Me: OMG! I just wrote about it on Senken-newspaper the other day. There are so many fashion shopping sites in U.S. and many younger people are shopping a lot on website these days, so buyers of website are making a great business lately! I found out this when I interviewed with owners of fashion companies!

She bought a nice top of IRO (She was wearing it today) on website in French. She explained about the euro money (is useful now) and how to shop in French.

How fancy is that she shopped the clothing (price is three times less than U.S. store) in French on French company’s website :)

Ok…I have to stop writing about her secret (she gave me a permission to write about this today) now…

Anyway, she knows so many things and I always enjoy with her stories.


MY SECRET FOR HAPPINESS:

My secret of happiness is flowers :)

I always have flowers in my home. On the coffee table in the living room, on the dining table, on the kitchen counter, on the bedside table, on the bathroom sink… flowers make me so happy!

Today, at the farmer’s market in the post office in Los Feliz, Marie got yellow roses and I got red daisies.

Red daisies match with my pink & white carnations from Gelson’s :) (I always get foods & goods & flowers from Gelson’s, because they have great energy! )

I got beautiful & fresh energy from red daisy flowers for a new week! (The girl who was selling flowers, she seems like she has sweet energy, so I got it from her store…!)


I AM A LUCKY PERSON:

I always appreciate Marie, because she leaves her husband at home, and she meets me for breakfast on Sunday.

Did you have a nice Sunday? I hope you did.

Have a wonderful new week for you!


By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles July 8, 2012
Copyright © 2012 Yoko Fujimoto