Skip to main content

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer for newspapers,magazines as well as a journalist for TV.
I am from Tokyo, Japan and have been living in Los Angeles since 1990.
[日本語のブログFromLAby藤本庸子] fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog
[日本語のツイッター] https://twitter.com/YOKOfromLA

#178- Summer is here, yes! (Archstone Los Feliz Version)


Today is the First Day of Summer!

Great timing:

After my stomach flu, it was the great timing that I got a nice email from my apartment manager Ms.R (If you want to read my another apartment’s story, try my post on May 5, 2012 / At my apartment in Los Feliz (Archstone Los Feliz Version) ).

*** Here is Ms.R’s email.

SAVE THE DATE: On June 20th at 4:30pm to 6:00pm - Summer Solstice with a Smoothie

Let’s get together and celebrate the beginning of summer with a complimentary refreshing smoothie from Jamba Juice.

Join us on the pool deck for a meet and greet with your neighbors all while enjoying the beautiful summer weather!

Also, we are having our Archstone Summer Break Leasing Expo. Take advantage of our great referral program. Invite your friends to experience the Archstone difference, from June 18-24, for a chance to win a $7,500 dream vacation. When they call Archstone Los Feliz home, they’ll get a $0 application fee and you’ll get a $200 rent credit. For more details, please call our Leasing office.

RSVP required for this event, email us at LosFeliz@ArchstoneMail.com or call 323-662-3100.

Sincerely,
Archstone Los Feliz

***


Great summer feel:

There were many colorful beach balls and balloons around the pool side. It was a cute summer decoration.

I enjoyed Mango Jamba Smoothie and Parmesan Pretzel. (There were five flavor Smoothies, Parmesan Pretzel and Cinnamon Swirl for around 80 people.)


Great people:

I really like my neighbors (except one neighbor who lives above me. I have a noise problem with him / he wakes me up in the midnight, etc…).

Today, I met some new neighbors (a writer Mr.G and a school teacher Ms.L). Both of them told me that Japanese people are nice. Wow, I am very proud of myself as a Japanese!

My next door neighbor Ms.V is a high school English teacher. Today, I asked her, “Could you tell me the best way to learn good grammar. Could you recommend some good books to read and study?”, then she is so sweet, she said to me, “You have good English. Some of my student’s grammar is so bad. You speak better than those my students”. Wow, I am very proud of myself as a Japanese who speaks English!


Great luck:

There were some free gifts for us. I got a cute sunglasses. (There were some sunglasses and suntan lotions.)

We had a raffle (prizes were two Blockbuster $15 gift cards and three Starbucks $10 gift cards).

And, I won the prize! I got a Starbucks $10 gift card! Could you imagine? I got luck out of 80 people.

It was funny. When I was explaining about the Japanese saying, “There is fortune in leftovers / Good luck lies in odd numbers (in Japanese / Nokorimono niha fuku ga aru)” to some neighbors, Ms. R called me! I was the winner for the last prize! Yeah!

I got lucky! No…I mean, Ms. R gave me luck! , and Thank you to Archstone Los Feliz!

Big smile on my face :) It was a great way to start summer 2012.

I am sure that you will have a nice summer, because you are reading my blog :)

Have a great summer!!!


P.S. If you want to have more luck and want to live in the nice apartment, please call Ms. R. She will give you more luck!


By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles June 20, 2012
Copyright © 2012 Yoko Fujimoto

Popular posts from this blog

#271-Why people fight?

Why do human beings keep fighting with each other or fighting wars?

About profit?

About territory?

About religion?

About ethnicity?

About statism?

About collectivism?



Why can’t we talk instead of fight (war)?

People are trying to change others…

People don’t want to change for others…

People think “I am right, you are wrong”…



I was thinking about “how can we resolve issues of terrorism and war in this world, can we talk instead of fighting?”



And then I realized “I need to think about my issue first” (since I moved into my apartment in Montrose one year ago)… yes, I have an issue about my living situation… my upstairs neighbor (64 years old woman who is not working) has been waking me up every night (around 11:15pm, 12:15am and 1:15am) with loud squeezing footsteps (it sounds not normal & regular footsteps) for one year… I had to call police twice, and I fought with this neighbor twice…



I tried to go to bed at the same time when this neighbor goes to bed… it doesn’t work (for me late night ene…

#144- To my people, Japanese people 米国より東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へメッセージ / 海外セレブからのお見舞い&応援メッセージ -Pray for Japan(日本に祈りを捧げます)-

Sorry folks, Today, I am going to write a message in Japanese, in my native language to Japanese people. If you read Japanese, please do.

I am going to write my thoughts for Japan &Japanese people and sending prayers to Japan & people in Japan.

Love,
Yoko

P.S. I am going to write in English next time. xoxo Y

******** My Japanese blog :

From LA by 藤本庸子      
(http://fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/03/pray-for-japan-.html)


東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へ

このたびの東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)により被災されたすべての方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。そして、犠牲になられた方々とご遺族の皆様に、深くお悔やみを申し上げます。

日本にいらっしゃる皆様、どうかご無事で、早く、安心出来る暮らし、笑顔が戻ってきますように、心からお祈り申し上げます。


*** 米国でも多くの人が心を痛めており、皆様のご無事を願っています

東北・関東地方で起った大震災に心を痛めながら、私は、「米国在住のライターの私に、日本の皆様のために出来ることをしたい」と、こちらで流れるテレビニュースの画面を見つめながら、ずっと考えていました。

そうしていましたら、本日(ロサンゼルス:3月18日/日本:3月19日)、仕事でお付き合いのある茨城県在住の女性(実際にお会いしたことはありません)から、「テレビでも、世界各国からの応援メッセージをもっと放送して欲しい」とメールをいただきました。

早速、私が報道の仕事で関わっている日本のテレビ局、ラジオ局の幹部、報道記者の方々へ、この女性のメッセージを届け、放送に関してのお願いメールを送信致しました。


*** 米国在住の私に出来ることを考えてみました

このブログは2008年10月に閉じていますが、…

#267-Kitson and KITROSS

I really think that the founder of Kitson, Mr. Fraser Kitson Ross is genius for marketing & business. He knows how to entertain customer, and he knows what L.A. is and how to enjoy L.A.




About Kitson and Fraser, I have written a lot on Senken-Shimbun and LA Celeb (their business closed, but it was a popular Japanese online shopping site), and I also made a story about Kitson on Japanese TV program (TBS TV).



At this time, I interviewed Fraser and wrote an article about Kitson, him and his new store KITROSS on Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper).



If you want to know about Kitson, Fraser and KITROSS, read below.

My translation (into English) is not perfect, but my Japanese article is more than perfect, ha ha…; )



********

Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper)

Article about Kitson and KITROSS by Yoko Fujimoto

Published on paper on June 27, 2016



■■”Kitson” re-started with “KITROSS”

■”Actually, I love L.A.”

■L.A. casual clothing and pop culture are the b…