Sunday, June 24, 2012

#179- Stylish people + Stylish stuff = Stylish life

Peri Donch (who is a fashion designer of eco fashion brand, PERI / http://www.perithelabel.com/)  invited me to the event at her friend (Laura)’s house for “Clothing/Food/Crafts/Jewelry/Plant SALE!” today.

It was a lovely Sunday afternoon at Laura’s house in Echo Park.

Laura (she has organic food & fashion business / siptea / http://www.siptea.net/)  has a fabulous taste for life style. I enjoyed seeing her artistic stuff at her house.

Laura and Peri have many stylish friends, and I had a great time with them today.

Ms.M (she makes cute & stylish knitted products) talked about how she met her husband and how her parents met each other, her love stories are so romantic like a movie. I felt like, I saw a nice romantic movie today. She is a great story teller.

When I mentioned about the Iced coffee story (we, Japanese people love Iced coffee since more than 20 years ago, but when I came to U.S.A. in 1987, there was no Iced coffee in U.S.A. at that time) to Ms. M, she also talked about the coffee culture (including Iced coffee story) in Oregon. She is a real entertainer!

Ms.D told me about her interesting neighbor (yes, I have one crazy neighbor at my apartment with noise problem), I felt like “I guess, we all have some crazy & funny stories with our neighbors”…

Ms.R gave me a scoop (one of her projects)! There is going to be a movie “Steel Magnolias' remake” with an all-black cast, and the star is Queen Latifah (her role is M'Lynn Eatenton / originally played by Sally Field). This movie will air on Lifetime.

Ms.A told me about her trip to Japan (attend her Japanese friend’s wedding in Kyoto, after wedding, she visited Osaka and Tokyo), and how she enjoyed the Japanese culture, I am very happy to hear that. Even though, I love America and live in U.S. for a long time, I love to hear that people love Japan (my country).

After I had some Chips & Salsa & Hummus & Honey & Pretzels & Hibiscus Tea, I bought Hibiscus Tea by siptea (from Egypt), Roobibos Tea by siptea (from Africa) and Honey by siptea (from Echo Park!, Laura made it in her backyard. Real homemade!).

Four hours later (I really had a fun time!), I told Peri when I was leaving the house, “ I am so sorry that I have a budget for this month”… then she gave me a nice eco bag by PERI. “I am organic” bag will be my favorite bag for shopping from now on :)

Again, if you want to have a stylish life style and eco friendly life style, go shop at siptea (http://www.siptea.net/) and PERI (http://www.perithelabel.com/).

P.S. I have not shopped for clothing for a long time…because I usually get some free clothing & accessories, etc from fashion designers when I interview them, so I have many brand new denims & T-Shirts… I am a very lucky person for a stylish life :)

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles June 24, 2012
Copyright © 2012 Yoko Fujimoto