Friday, March 9, 2012

#168- Day & Night with Fred Segal family

Mr. Ron Robinson (who is a president of Fred Segal / RON ROBINSON & APOTHIA & / RON ROBINSON Inc.) is an amazing person for many ways.

I always enjoy his company. He is so kind, smart and funny. He has a wonderful business & stylish life style, nice friends and nice family (if you want to know more about him, please read my old posts on June 6, 2010 or July 22, 2010 or Oct 15, 2011 or Oct 23, 2011).

The other day, Ron called me and said, ‘Hey, Yoko! Do you wanna have a dinner with us?” Of course, I said, “yes!”.

********

Day at Fred Segal:

Today, I went to see Ron & Karen (who is a vice president of Fred Segal) and their new friends at his store at Melrose location. Ron introduced me to them.

They are from Japan & N.Y.

Kiho Watanabe-CEO / designer of Uka (www.uka.co.jp) / spouse of Hiroyuki (They have five stylish beauty salons in Tokyo, Japan and they produced products for nail. Kiho is also a celebrity manicurist).

Hiroyuki Watanabe-President of Uka / spouse of Kiho.

Noriko Aoki / BEAMS (popular & stylish store in Japan) N.Y. Branch Manager.

Uka has many wonderful nail products and they will sell at Fred Segal soon. I am very happy to see successful people from Japan.

Ron… oh… he gave me nice gifts again. I got Apothia Hand & Body Wash – Verde (300 ml/10 oz. $28.00) and Apothia Wave Candle (250 g/9 oz $48.00).

Today, I was wearing the Apothia Pearl Eau de Parfum which Ron gave me last winter. I told him that this perfume is my lucky charm! When I am wearing this one, I always have good things in my life.

APOTHIA’s products are the best! If you want to have luck like I have, you should check Ron’s products at Fred Segal at APOTHIA at http://www.ronrobinson.com/APOTHIA-BEAUTY-s/82.htm.


********

Night with Fred Segal family & friends at AOC:

Karen has a keen eye for many things. Of course, she is the buyer, but she has always stylish ideas and information.

Karen’s choice of the restaurant is the best!

Eight people of us, Hiroyuki, Kiho, Noriko, Ron, Karen, Ron’s wife, Stacy (who is a vice president of RON ROBINSON INC.), Yuki (who is a friend of Kiho & Hiroyuki / celebrity hairstylist at CRISTOPHE) and me went to AOC (www.aocwinebar.com) in West Hollywood.

OMG…! Food is soooooooo gooooooood!!! Everything is so amazing!!! I was speechless! (oh…but, I think, I talked a lot during the dinner… Ron said, “Yoko, are you translating their words to us?”…“Oops, did I talk a lot again???” )

Anyway, forget about our conversation, I talk about AOC food.

AOC means, Appellation d’Origine Contrôlé, which translates as “controlled designation of origin”, is the French certification granted to certain French geographical indications for wines, cheeses, butters, and other agricultural products.

I loved the name already when I googled it. Before this dinner, I made my mind what I am going to eat tonight. My ideal menu was, Hanger steak, horseradish, crème fraiche and the a.o.c. ‘smores’.

Wow, Stacy ordered a perfect dinner for us! We ate almost everything from this restaurant!!!

Wine (Of course!).

Cheese (three kinds of them, but I forgot their names…! But, I remember the taste!) & Bread.

Roasted dates & Parmesan & Bacon. I want to meet the chef who is the first one to create this amazing combination!!! Soooooooo gooooooood!!!

Assorted fra’mani salumi.

Prosciutto di parma.

Beets, burrata, local walnuts and balsamic.

White fish (I didn’t ask the name, but I remember the taste!), potato leek gratin, romesco aioli.

Hanger steak, horseradish, crème fraiche. OMG… I was speechless!!! Soooooooo gooooooood!

English peas, sugar snaps, saffron butter.

Squash ravioli, shell beans, pecorino, olives.

Clams with sherry & garlic toast.

Cauliflower, curry and red wine vinegar.

Coffee.

Warm apple crostata, almonds, salted caramel, vanilla ice cream.

Butterscotch pot de crème with salted cashew cookies and fleur de sel.

The a.o.c. ‘smores’ : house made graham crackers with chocolate sorbet.


Could you believe that I tasted everything above?

What a night. I had nice food with nice people.

Life is really tasteful :)

I hope you are having a tasteful day too.


P.S. If you have one minute on Saturday, the 10th at 9:46pm (L.A. time / pacific time), please think of Japan and pray for Japan. March 11th 2:46pm (local time in Japan) is the time of 2011 Tsunami & Earthquake in Japan.

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
March 9, 2012
Copyright © 2012 Yoko Fujimoto