Monday, March 19, 2012

#169- “Am I a BITCH?” … during L.A. Fashion Market Week

Last week, during L.A. Fashion Market Week in downtown L.A., I really thought about myself, a “BITCH”…


*** Episode #1: Are you still a bitch?

My friend, Ms.L (She is a fashion expert in L.A.) asked me at her showroom, “do you know the guy, J***?”

Me: J***? No. I don’t know him.

Ms.L: But, he told me, he knows you! Last month, he has sent you a message on facebook.

Me: What? Really? I haven’t received the message…

Ms.L: He has sent a message to you in front of me, so I am sure that you have his message on facebook.

Me: No, I haven’t seen the message.

Ms.L: You probably ignored the message then.

Me: Do I know this guy?

Ms.L: Yes, he told me, he lived with you as a roommate in a house in Hollywood.

Me: What???? OMG!!! Yes, I know him! OMG… He remembers me? I am sure that he still thinks of me as a “BITCH”!

J*** was a nice & sweet guy, but the other female roommate (A***) was not nice with me. Three of us lived together in a house in Hollywood, and we (A*** and I) had a trouble with a cleaning issue.

I am a clean freak (I guess, I was a bitch to them), and I was always cleaning after them (A*** + J***). And, one day, A*** and I had a big fight, and she hit my mouth (when I fight with someone, I always talk too fast and talk too much! So, she had to hit my mouth).

Anyway, I left the house after she hit me. The owner of the house was a nice guy, he understood what happened to me and he was sorry for me. He gave me a permission to leave the house. I broke the contract (I had a paper with my sign & my witness[my boyfriend at that time]'s sign & owner’s sign).

Then A*** (I am not sure that J*** was together with her on the paper) sued me for rent of a couple of months.

I lost the case at first, then I appealed the case, then I won the case after a year.

Why I lost? : I sent a check of the money (rent & water etc) to A***, but she didn’t cash it, so judge thought I was lying about the payment to roommates. And, I was reading the note which my friends helped/wrote for me (I couldn’t speak well for this kind of fight in the court), so judge thought I was a liar. More over, the contract was not with the owner of the house, the contract was with roommates, which means, I had to talk with roommates before I leave the house. (Yes, this part was my fault… I didn’t know about that the meaning of the contract at that time).

Why I won? : I brought my female friend (I was acting at The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute with her, and she was good at her speech! / Don’t get me wrong, she was honest in her speech to help me!) as my witness who remembered my injury on my face, and the witness was good with judge. She said to judge, “Yoko had to leave the house, because of her safety”.

Anyway, I was a bitch at that time for that case.

Sorry J***!


*** Episode #2: You were a bitch!

I was at D&A show (fashion trade show) and our (Y*** and I) eyes met! Then we smiled to each other!

Yes, I was a bitch…

A couple of years ago, I asked Y*** (he is a nice guy. he has a company for fashion and he also has a fashion brand) to help me for my TV show project. But, I had to change my mind and I had to cancel on his part, because I thought he was not a good fit in this project.

Of course, Y*** was mad at me. I totally understood how he felt.

We didn't speak to each other for a couple of years until the moment (our eyes met) at D&A show.

At D&A, we had a nice chat over sweet cookies and drink. Yes, we will go to lunch soon.

Sorry Y***!


*** Episode #3: Oh…am I still a bitch?

I am so happy that I got a new & nice manager at my apartment complex. Ms.R is so friendly and professional.

She makes me so happy & safe to live here!

By the way, she told me, “I am enjoying reading your blog! Oh… you have a noise problem with upstairs… ”.

Me: Yes…! I called him an ADHD (if you want, read the post on June 24, 2011 “Are you nuts? (Yes, I am) ” or on July 10, 2011 “Yoko and the Apartment”)! And he called me a bitch!

Oh… I guess, I am a bitch sometimes…

Oops, I got a huge project for this week now, I have to go now. To be continue!

My other stories during L.A. Fashion Market Week will be positive. I promise, I will be a nice girl next time.

Have a good one!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
March 19, 2012
Copyright © 2012 Yoko Fujimoto