Sunday, February 5, 2012

#166- About the Super Bowl

My first Super Bowl Party was in 1991 at someone’s (I don’t remember who was…) house in Marina Del Rey.

At that time, I had no idea about the “SUPER BOWL”…my friend, Ms. A invited me to the “Super Bowl Party”. I thought, “Something is SUPER, sounds great!”

My answer was, “Of course, I am coming with you!”

And then, my first reaction at the Super Bowl Party was, “Why people are watching TV , and why they aren’t socializing?”

I realized, after some chips & salsa and some fried chicken…What the Super Bowl is.

Since then, I have never learned about the rules of football or the history of the Super Bowl.

********

Today, I watched NBC TV from 3:00pm until 7:15pm. Yes, I watched the Super Bowl XLVI, the Super Bowl Halftime Show and Super Bowl Commercials.

First of all, I was on the side of New England Patriots (the reason: Tom Brady is the cutest in NFL), but my instinct for a winner team was New York Giants (the reason: the head coach of New York Giants seemed very calm, but the head coach of New England Patriots seemed intense, so I thought the New York Giants is going to win!).

I enjoyed the game. It was very nice to watch the most popular game in America, Super Bowl.

Amazing thing was that New England Patriots scored 7 points right before the end of the first half of Super Bowl XLVI (within 29 seconds!).

I really felt that we can change something within some seconds.

********

My highlights of the show of Super Bowl XLVI:

#1 Player of the night was: Tom Brady / sorry, I am not into NFL...I think Tom is very cute :)

#1 Commercial of the night was: Fiat. I laughed and enjoyed.

#1 Enjoy moment of the night was: Madonna’s Halftime Show. I grew up with Madonna, and I am still listening Vogue, Music, Open Your Heart... during my gym time.

********

You know what, I still don’t get it, “Why people are into NFL?”

Basketball or Baseball is easy to watch (the rules are simple, I guess), but Football is difficult to watch, because the rules seem so complicated, and the game is so slow like Soccer…Oops…never mind, I still love America.

Even though I don’t get NFL, I love to watch it and enjoy it anyway :)

I hope you had a nice night with the Super Bowl.

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
February 5, 2012
Copyright © 2012 Yoko Fujimoto