Wednesday, November 16, 2011

#163- EAT EAT EAT

“You are a fun-loving person and you will find much happiness”…this is a today’s my Chinese fortune cookie’s message.

Yes, I enjoy every fun moment…

At the Chinese restaurant near by the Gelson’s in Silver Lake/Los Feliz.

Me: I am going to shop at the Gelson’s, so I will be back 40 minutes later.

The cashier: What else?

Me: What else…? Oh…I would like to have a sweet and sour pork combination.

The cashier: All right. See you later!

One hour later, I realized that I ordered two people’s dinner (I have ordered a beef chow mein combination and a sweet and sour pork combination)…!

Yes, EAT. EAT.EAT…! I ate one and a half people’s dinner.

I hope, I am going to get more luck from this funny moment. I can't wait to open the other fortune cookie tomorrow.

***

EAT.

I will go to Galia (my friend, Keasha’s mom)’s Thanksgiving dinner party.

Last Thanksgiving dinner…I ate a lot…

First round: Turkey (white & dark meat both) with cranberry sauce and gravy, Turkey Breast Roulade with Apple and Raisin Stuffing, Smoked Ham, Candied Yams, Stuffing, Green Beans and Potato, Beans, Collard Greens, Corn Bread, Macaroni and Cheese, Deviled Eggs, Spiced Cranberry Cider Spice and Apple Cider…

Second round: Candied Yams and Macaroni and Cheese.

Third round: Peach Cobbler and Red Velvet Cupcake.

Forth round: Lemon Cake.

I can’t wait for Thanksgiving dinner!!!

***

EAT.

The day after Thanksgiving (on the 25th), I will go to my friend (Shinako-san & Bob)’s Thanksgiving BBQ party!

Last time on September 4th…I ate a lot…

Shinako-san’s home cooking / Rice-flour cake (flavored with mugwort), Spring rolls, Sushi rolls, Potato salad, Quiche, Fried calamari…and Masami-san (Shinako-san’s friend)’s home made curry & spinach pies and Baklava. Shinako-san’s husband, Bob’s Korean BBQ, Chicken, Shrimps and Corn. And one of a kind sake from Bruce Shinya Takano (production manager) at YAEGAKI Corporation of USA (www.yaegakiusa.com).

I can’t wait for the BBQ party!!!

***

EAT.

I will be in Tokyo, Japan for one month and 10 days for my winter vacation.

EAT, EAT, and EAT with my mom and my brother.

I can’t wait for my vacation in Japan!!!

***

My mother always says that “if you eat with happiness and joy, you never gain weight!”

I agree with her. EAT. EAT. EAT. and enjoy your holiday season!

Happy Holidays to you :)


By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
November 16, 2011
Copyright © 2011 Yoko Fujimoto