Wednesday, August 10, 2011

#154- Wood=Jewelry ‘Lydia Marcos Designs (LMD)’

The other day, my special friend M wrote me a sweet message, “i just looove being around you”. Sometimes my friends tell me, “You have such a positive power! I am happy when I am around you.” I really appreciate that I have wonderful friends who make me happy and I am glad that I can make my friends happy as well.

And I really appreciate my flowers and jewelries. The secret of my positive power is from fresh flowers and beautiful jewelries. I am producing my positive & happy power from flowers and jewelries everyday.

Flower: I always have flowers at home (in every room). Flowers make me so happy and protect me like a lucky charm. They bring me such a positive power.

Jewelry: Diamond, Pink Sapphire, Orange Sapphire, Chalcedony, Aquamarine, Tourmaline, Garnet, Rose quartz…they make me so happy and bring me such a positive power like flowers. Especially, every night before I go to bed, I pick three jewelries of the night (my lucky number is 3) and display them on the bedside table. In this way, I could feel positive & happy energy during my sleep.

***

The marathon of 94 episodes, TV series “Sex and the City” and two movies, “Sex and the City” & “Sex and the City 2” later, I got an email from Jets Ito. He wanted me to take a look at his new client’s jewelry brand, ‘Lydia Marcos Designs (LMD)’.

It was a perfect timing! I needed a positive power story idea for Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion trade newspaper).

One morning in July, I visited the factory of ‘Lydia Marcos Designs (LMD)’ and interviewed with Mark Kahnamouie (who is a designer & owner of LMD) and Jets Ito (who is a sales director for Asian market of LMD) for Senken-Shimbun.

Wow, LMD has such a positive power! There are so many charming jewelries. Wood is like Jewelry! I got a red heart ring (red color wood & silver).

Yes, now I am sleeping with this pretty ring every night. This ring is making my new positive power. Thanks to Mark and Jets.

If you want to know about LMD, please read below. My article came out on today in Japan, August 11, 2011 in Senken-Shimbun and I translated it into English from Japanese (my original article).

The translation is rough. If you have good English, please edit (read) it yourself :)

***

Senken-Shimbun
On August 11, 2011 (in Japan)

L.A. Lady’s accessory brand
Lydia Marcos Designs (LMD)

One of a kind jewelry by handmade
Sales doing well

By Yoko Fujimoto, writer in Los Angeles

Lydia Marcos Designs (LMD) features wood with silver accessories in Los Angeles (L.A.) has been increased orders from popular boutiques.

This brand debuted in March 2010. The owner and designer, Mr. Mark Kahnamouie is a former designer of Chrome Hearts. Many brands (includes Chrome Hearts) have been changed to machinery manufacturing from the handmade manufacturing, but he still does handmade manufacturing.

One of the reasons of success is that he knows about what stylish customers want, because he used to work at Ron Harman and Maxfield as a sales manager and a production manager and he has many experiences in the fashion industry.

“I am always coming up with many design ideas. I am very happy as a designer to see my customers are wearing my products. I don’t care about the sales numbers. I am just focusing on what I love to do. I think this is very important. I believe that customers feel my passion”, Mr. Kahnamouie emphasized.

LMD is using burled maple, diamond wood, ebony, diamond, sapphire, ruby, onyx, sterling silver, brass, copper and platina from all over the world. And they are using the factory which Chrome Hearts used to deal with. The wood is strong and good quality , and traditionally used for furniture, guns and knives. There is wood of about 50 colors by special production. “Every product is different, because wood has different condition. Customers can enjoy as one of a kind jewelry.”

The concept is famine essence with inspiration from ancient Mayan and Egyptian cultures. Retail price range of heart, four-leaf clover, cross, skull, butterfly, roses motif rings, necklaces and bracelets is from $60 to $5,000. Mr. Kahnamouie’s is good at decoration diamonds on the curves and the pars oblique of sliver.

At this time, LMD is available at Church, Traffic, Lisa Kline, Madison, 25 stores. Celebrities like Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, etc are wearing.

The Sales director for Asia, Mr. Jets Ito said, “We are going to establish our brand in Japan at first, then we are going to sell products in Korea and Hong Kong.” LMD is available at BEAMS in Japan in September.

There are good and bad depends on the items in U.S. fashion business, but the accessory business is doing well in average. Recently U.S. have a plan to revitalize the economy and U.S. is trying to sell and purchase of products made in U.S., so LMD which made in L.A. is expecting to have a great business.

(Translated by Yoko Fujimoto)

***

I found out that “Sex and the City” star Sarah Jessica Parker has bought couple of LMD heart pendants from Madison. Yes, she has a great taste! Stylish young women and older women (Sarah Jessica Parker and me, ha ha ha!) love LMD.

By the way, I would like to share more important information with you. If you want to know more about LMD, please visit at http://lydiamarcosjewelry.com/. And if you are Japanese buyer or Asian buyer, please contact with Jets Ito (he speaks and writes Japanese). His email address is jets@lydiamarcosjewelry.com.

Did I bring a positive power for you today? I hope I did :)

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
August 10, 2011
Copyright © 2011 Yoko Fujimoto