Tuesday, July 26, 2011

#153- At the Kingpins Show

FASHIONABLY LATE is not for me. I am always PROFESSIONALLY FORWARD or on time for everything/everywhere.

This morning, I got at the Kingpins Show at 9:25am, instead of 10:00am. I wanted to relax before my work (interview people for my article for Senken-Shimbun / major Japanese fashion trade newspaper), so I left my home half an hour early and sat & waited & prepared for meeting/interviewing people at the entrance at the show.

Within 7 hours, I talked with 27 people (includes chat with five people during my one hour lunch time) and I got hand muscle ache (because of writing notes all day)& hip muscle ache (because of standing all day). I had a great day as usual. Being a writer is my lifework. I love what I do everyday.

By the way, the Kingpins Show is boutique global denim and jeans supply chain show. (I can’t write details about this show in my today’s blog, because I am going to write an article about this show in Senken-Shimbun this week.)

But, I can share what I saw, what I smelled, what I ate and what I liked.

***

What I saw: Buddha was everywhere, on the drink bar, dessert bar…It was so nice to see spiritual faces everywhere. And white flowers (I forgot to find out the name of the flowers) were on every dining table and plants were everywhere at this show. Spiritual & beautiful things make peace for us.

***

What I smelled: There were scented candles in the bathroom. It was so relaxing in the bathroom. Nice smell gives us happiness.

***

What I ate: Oh…this show has a special dining & bar room (like a luxury hotel). They served variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner (for after party) for no charge.

I ate big breakfast at home, so I didn’t eat breakfast at this show and I have a special diet rule (I usually eat a lot, but I eat until 7:00pm), so I didn’t stay until the dinner time, but I had lunch and dessert at this show.

Salad, Peking duck, Spring roll with shrimp, Pork dumpling, Vegetable dumpling, Steamed stuffed bun with pork, Steamed stuffed bun with vegetable, Fried rice noodles and lemonade…(I think I ate more…but I can’t remember…)

During I was eating my lunch, two girls and one guy (father of one of girls) came to my table and talked with me for a while, then they left (they ate everything on their plate).

I was still eating my lunch after two girls left, then one Italian guy came to my table and talked with me for a while, then he left (he ate everything on his plate).

After the guy left, I was still eating my lunch, then one Chinese guy came to my table and talked with me for a while, and I got more Salad and Peking duck, I was still eating and talking with this guy, then he left (he ate everything on his plate).

When I finished my lunch, my eyes met Buddha’s… (Buddha was on the dessert bar), of course, I went to the dessert bar and I ate two of mini cup cakes (chocolate one and white cream one). Oh…I was in heaven with Buddha in my mind :)

Two hours later (after my lunch and worked for a while), I went to the coffee bar and I ordered a cappuccino. It was nice treat for myself between my lunch and my work.

Did I mention I have a special diet rule? My rule is…when I want to eat something, I eat something what I really want and no worries about anything, just enjoy my food. I write everything what I eat in my food diary and I eat anything until 7:00pm, that’s it. Simple is the best for everything.

***

What I liked: Positive atmosphere at this show. I felt like, I was staying at someone’s home or hotel room. There was a DJ in the dining & bar room, so we were able to relax anytime. So comfortable, peaceful, and enjoyable.

This show has special powers for many ways (for business, life style, fashion, entertainment, etc.)

If you want to know about this show or Andrew Olah (the owner of this show), take a look at www.kingpinsshow.com

***

Anyway, I just wanted to share my wonderful day with you.

I hope you had a wonderful day as well.


By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
July 26, 2011
Copyright © 2011 Yoko Fujimoto