Monday, December 6, 2010

#134- Rumi Neely is in JELLY, Japanese fashion magazine

Today, I got a nice email from the chief editor, Mr.Hirotada Kase of JELLY, Japanese fashion magazine (popular for young Japanese girls, this magazine has 300,000 circulation in Japan. if you want, you can take a look at http://www.bunkasha.co.jp/magazine/g2036.html).

Mr.Hirotada Kase said in his email, “The fashion bloggers in the world feature story was the best 5 popular story by readers’ survey. Thank you for your work.” Oh…this kind of message makes me very happy as a writer.

In the middle of October(two months ago), I interviewed Ms.Rumi Neely (as you know, she is a popular fashion blogger in the world) and did fashion shoot (she showed us wonderful four looks). Her L.A. apartment is near by me, so it was so easy to get there and fun to work with her. Now I know why she is really popular for many people. She is very original. I think “original” is the key word for every thing.

I also made contact with other fashion bloggers (Ms.Gala Gonzalez, Ms.Ricarda Schernus, Ms. Louise Ebel, Ms.Tavi Gevinson, Ms.Carolina Engman and Ms. Kristin Knox). They are in these pages as well.

This JELLY magazine’s issue (which I wrote) is January, 2011 issue (came out on November 17, 2010). If you read Japanese, please take a look at this magazine at the Japanese book store.

These days, people connect to each other and work together through Blog, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace etc…amazing!

You know what? I got some projects (magazine jobs) from Japan through my old Japanese blog (http://fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/ I wrote Japanese blog from October, 2005 until October, 2008).

I also met two Japanese new friends through my old Japanese blog (they made contact me!).

I reunion with two of my old friends through Facebook (they also made contact me!).

And I got a free HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Inkjet Printer from HP through my tweet in my Twitter… this was amazing!

Play, Work/Business, Meet, Shop (or gift from the company!), Watch, Listen and Talk in the internet.

It’s the wonderful era of the internet!

What did you get through the net?

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
Dec 6, 2010

Copyright © 2010 Yoko Fujimoto