Tuesday, November 16, 2010

#130- Perfect Monday

Yesterday, between my breakfast (Scrambled eggs with vegetable, Chocolate cream bread / from Japanese store, Coffee with hazelnut cream + three spoons of sugar) and lunch (Takoyaki / literally fried or grilled octopus, is a popular Japanese dumpling made of whole baby octopus, tempura scraps, pickled ginger, and green onion, topped with okonomiyaki sauce and Japanese mayonnaise), I did meditate (like the book, EAT, PRAY, LOVE) and surfing the net.

At 1:00pm, I went to see my best friend from Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute, Marie at the Joan’s on 3rd in West Hollywood. We had a chat with latte and apricot bar at table outside. Since Marie was in Sweden for her summer vacation, this was the first tea time for us. It was nice to catch up with her and I felt that we are so lucky to have fun time like the book, EAT, PRAY, LOVE. (which means, we don’t need to work, just have fun.)

At Marie’s home, she showed me some new stuff at her home. New bathroom (like a fancy hotel bathroom!), large TV (10 times bigger than mine!), her new collection of books and jewelry. She has such a great style of living (fashion, interior decorating…and husband! She has a very nice husband.)

Around 3:00pm, we went to walk/talk at the Runyon Canyon hiking trail near her home. While we are walking and talking, we saw beautiful L.A. view. What a nice day. OMG…there were so many people hiking there on Monday afternoon. Marie told me, “When we (Marie and her friends) start hiking here 15 years ago, it was like around 5 people, but now, it’s like around 100 people here.”

Yes, Marie always finds something great stuff and it will be a trend later. (re: fashion, life style, etc.) She is a trendsetter! (I should write about her in real media.)

At her place, she gave me time to sit and relax in her balcony while she was picking up our dinner. The soft couch with beautiful special cushions (custom made!) + candles + orange juice with the view of banana trees and palm trees. I felt like, I was in Bali (like the book, EAT, PRAY, LOVE).

And at the dinner table, we had more fun chat with Chinese food (Chicken & vegetable with garlic sauce and brown rice) from her secret order place in West Hollywood.

When we are talking about TV shows which we like (we both like “Brothers & Sisters”), I told her that I love the sitcom “Outsourced” (NBC sitcom that is set in an Indian workplace). Then, Marie imitated Indian accent. OMG…she is so actress (of course, we are from Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute). I laughed so hard! She is really good at that. I asked her, “Could you imitate my Japanese accent?” and she said, “No, I am able to do only Indian accent. I’ve never been to India, but India in me, because the jewelry. Most of the beautiful gemstones from India.” Oh…that’s make sense! And I felt like, I was in India for a moment like the book, EAT, PRAY, LOVE. ha ha…! (plus. There are so many Buddha in her home.)

After I rushed back to my place for “90210” and “Gossip Girl”, she called me to be making sure that I was safe back in my home.

Marie is working in the fashion industry and party industry for a long time. She has so many talents for fashion, business, interior decorating, maintain a great & healthy body etc. Now, she has many new dreams like me. I hope her new dreams come true soon (I pray like the book, EAT, PRAY, LOVE).

It was perfect Monday. Completely happy.

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
Nov 16, 2010

Copyright © 2010 Yoko Fujimoto