Friday, November 12, 2010

#129- Before Thanksgiving

Today, I have received a sweet email from Keasha who is my best friend from Entrepreneur Magazine(Keasha and I used to work at the Entrepreneur Media Inc.).

Here is her email: Hi Yoko, I have to tell you this story. This morning, Johnathan said, "I want Yoko to come over to my house." And he didn't know you were coming for Thanksgiving yet. So then I told him, "Guess what? Auntie Yoko is coming to have Thanksgiving dinner with us this year!" He is very excited about seeing you! You have made quite an impression. He knows you are a person with good energy. See you soon, Keasha

Johnathan is Keasha’s son. He is soooooooo cute! Johnathan and Keasha made my day.

Keasha’s mom invited me to have a Thanksgiving dinner at her house with Keasha’s family + Keasha's mom’s family and friends. I can’t wait to see them and enjoy a day on Thanksgiving day with them!

********

I am so lucky to have such nice + lovely friends. Each year, I have nice time on Thanksgiving with my friends.

My memorable Thanksgiving days were:

1: My first Thanksgiving in Miami in 1987. I went to Italian American family’s house with my roommate (OMG, I don’t remember her name) from Brazil. This family is friend of my roommate. It was first time for me to eat Turkey dinner. I ate so much that day. Everyone surprised that I could eat a lot of food with my skinny body. Especially, I loved the Candied Yams(it was first time, I ate them), it was soooooooo yummy!!! I ate so many yams that day.

2: My first Thanksgiving in Los Angeles in 1990. I ate dinner with 20 gay men and one straight girl friend, Karen from Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute (I used to act.) Yes, it was sooooooo L.A.! It was a fancy dinner with 20 gay men + one girl. It was first time to see many cute gay men at once. It was better than the dinner. Eye candy!

3: Thanksgiving with home work with Suzie and her family in 1997. OMG…at the time, I was just starting job at the Entrepreneur Magazine and I was freaking out, there were so many words that I didn’t understand in Entrepreneur Magazine (I thought, they will fire me…but, I was there 6 years and a half, thank god…). So Suzie and her mom helped me to understand so many words in the magazine…many Thanksgiving memories with Suzie and her family.

4: Big house +great food + great family Thanksgiving with Michele and her family. Many years, they treated me like their family member.

5: Last year dinner with Yuko-san and her husband (see my last year blog on Thanksgiving).

And many more great memories.

I love American and American culture. Especially, I love thanksgiving. I really feel that Americans are welcoming me to U.S.A. on Thanksgiving.

Before Thanksgiving, I want to say, Thank you to my friends and Thank you to U.S.A.

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
Nov 12, 2010

Copyright © 2010 Yoko Fujimoto