Saturday, September 25, 2010

#125- What would you do?

A couple of days ago, I saw the ad during surfing the net.

The title of this ad was, “Japanese ******** or pro at finding rare antiques needed ASAP! (*** L.A.)”

Here is the ad:

“Here’s the deal. I just broke my boyfriend's dead grandmother's ********. It's a ********, with gold filigree. The ******** color is light ******** on a white background.... I need someone to find it ASAP.......I will pay you a finder's fee to do research to find this ******** anywhere in L.A. or on the Web.......please do not email me with company names of where I MIGHT find it.....I need it replaced NOW, or a specific link to the ******** to buy it........a used ******** is fine in good condition with no visible cracks, as I am replacing something very old and treasured.....so it can't look brand spanking new anyway.....used, but in good condition..........I am not having luck finding it on the Web, nor do I have time to find it........... Use eBay, or whatever resources at your disposal to find this ASAP. Here are some examples of the style...I believe it's called ********: http://www.******** http://******** HELP!! I am freaking out! This item has a lot of sentimental value...........”

If you see this ad, what do you think or what would you do?

I felt bad for her boyfriend, not because of loss of his sentimental value item, because of unfaithful his girlfriend. And I couldn’t ignore this ad…because I didn’t want to happen to him to lose the whole sentimental value item without knowing (if she finds the same product as his sentimental value item, she might throw away his item and she will pretend that nothing happened to his item), so I wrote an email to the girl who posted this ad.

Here is my email:

“Hello, This is not my business, but I just want to tell you... you should tell your boyfriend about what happened to the ********. Replacement is terrible idea for the sentimental value item. I am sure that your boyfriend will understand about it. Good luck to you. Have a wonderful evening. Best, Yoko”

Some people says, sometimes we need to lie or not telling the truth to people, because sometimes the truth makes someone upset (or hurt)…I don’t think so.

I think we should tell the truth with love to people, then people will understand about the truth (or the fact) and people will appreciate to hear the truth.

Sometimes I feel like…I might become a meddlesome person, but…I can’t help it…! Because I love people and want to help people as much as I possible.

Have a wonderful weekend to you all.

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
September 25, 2010

Copyright © 2010 Yoko Fujimoto