Tuesday, September 14, 2010

#124- Talk on the phone with my mom

When my father passed away in 1994, I made my decision that I call my mom in Tokyo, Japan twice a week (or once a week at least) to say hi to make sure she is ok (I know she is ok, because my younger brother is taking care of mom well).

Last night, my mom and I had a great conversation for two hours on the phone.

She always gives me a lot of love and sweet words.

Last night, I told her that “I really appreciate that you taught me creativeness and kindness very well since I was so small. I remember your drawing of a Christmas Tree on the wall and your kind words at anytime.”

I remember when I was five on the Christmas day, we didn’t have a Christmas tree at home (we just moved to a new house and our house was not complete ready to live that day), but my mom drew a big Christmas tree on the large white paper on the wall and bought us a large Christmas cake (Japanese cake shops sell special Christmas decoration cake for Christmas day).

My mom was a kindergarten teacher before I was born, so she knows how to entertain kids and she is good at drawing, playing piano & singing and writing (she is a great writer!). And she also made our cute creative & original clothes.

Oh…her Christmas tree picture made my day and made my creativeness sense that day. I was so amazed at her creativeness and sweetness.

I was around 13 years old, when a burglar made mess our house (at the time, my mom, my younger brother and I just came home from our piano lesson), before my mom called the police, my mom told me and my brother, “You guys must be hungry, I am so sorry. Why don’t you eat these breads (yummy “anpan” / is a Japanese sweet bun filled with red bean paste).”

Oh…even though, she had to call police & her husband(my father) and have to find out what we lost from our house, she was really care for us (our stomach!). My mom has such a sweet heart. I really appreciate her sweetness and kindness.

I learned so much about life from her (of course, my father taught me many things about life as well).

Last night, I told my mom that I always appreciate her.

Life is about love. I hope you have a lot of love and feel love too!

P.S. My funny brother asked me last night on the phone, “So, what do you remember how I am nice for you? ” ha ha ha! Yes, my younger brother also gave me a lot of money / gifts and love as well. :)

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
September 14, 2010

Copyright © 2010 Yoko Fujimoto