Skip to main content

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer for newspapers,magazines as well as a journalist for TV.
I am from Tokyo, Japan and have been living in Los Angeles since 1990.
[日本語のブログFromLAby藤本庸子] fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog
[日本語のツイッター] https://twitter.com/YOKOfromLA

#122- Perfect or Imperfect?

I am a perfectionist and a clean princess (I don’t want to use negative word, “a clean freak”).

The other day, after I saw the movie “EAT PRAY LOVE” (movie was ok…I just enjoyed “EAT” part and Julia Roberts’s smile), I wanted to read the book “EAT PRAY LOVE”(I guess, the book is better than movie), so I went to the next door, BARNES & NOBLE (at the Americana at Brand).

I asked the guy who works there, “Where is the EAT PRAY LOVE”?

The guy at the BARNES & NOBLE: Follow me…here you go! (He picked the book for me. Thank you, but no thank you…)

Oh…no…the “EAT PRAY LOVE” books are on the top of the shelves…I need to pick “perfect one” by myself… (I prefer the product which nobody touch or try)

Me: Ahn…excuse me…I know sounds crazy (I don’t think so…but I was polite!)…I always pick clean book by myself…I mean I would like to pick the book by myself, you know what I mean. I want to have a book which nobody read or touch…But…I can’t reach the top of this shelf…do you have a chair for me?

The guy: Sure! I will be back.

Me: Sorry!!!

He was sweet! He brought the chair for me! And I was trying to pick the “perfect + clean” book.

The other guy: Are you all right? Do you need my help?

Me: Oh…thank you. I mean no thank you! I always pick “perfect ones” by myself.

The other guy: ???

And when I went to the casher…shoot…there were many “EAT PRAY LOVE” books on the lower level shelves…

I asked the first guy, “Do you display this book at the other lower level shelves?” But he said, “No. only here”… I guess, from now on…I should find the shelves by myself as well…

P.S. I think the book from the higher shelf has much better energy than one from the lower level shelves, yes! Perfect!

********

At the Paperchase

I wanted to purchase “Filofax Classic Pink Personal Organizer”, but I need the “brand new” product, I mean…I would like to buy a product which nobody touch yet…so I asked the store person, “Could you tell me when do you sell 2011 products?”

“We don’t know yet…probably in this September or October.”

“Could you call me when you receive new products? I would like to purchase right away. Would you call me before you display the products at your store?”

“Sure! What is your name and phone number?”

Yes! I am going to have a perfect “Pink Personal Organizer” soon!

********

Perfect window?

This morning, the cleaning staff at my apartment was washing the pool furniture (chairs, tables and parasols) with water / a hose and she made water splash mark on my bed room window…so I asked her, “Good morning E****! Do me a favor, when you have time, would you wash my bed room lower window from there with a hose? You made water splash mark…so I want you to wash my window perfectly!”

Oh…she is so sweet! She brought the paper towel & window cleaning stuff and she was cleaning my window… (I live on the second floor…she climb a fence…)

I felt bad for her…

Me: I am so sorry, I didn’t ask you to cleaning my window this way…Thank you so much!!!

Yes, my bed room window is perfect today!


********

This morning, my new neighbor(who moved in last night/ their parking spot is next to my spot in the parking lot)...they parked their car too close to my car, so I went to their room(across from my room) and I said to them(a couple), "Could you park your car in the middle in the spot? Please don't park too close to my car. My former neighbor hit my car two years ago and I don't want to hit your car as well. Do you understand what I mean? Not on the line...please park your car in the middle...Oh what is your name? J***? My name is Yoko. Thank you!"

I am just afraid of the scratch from the car next to me or something else…you know what I mean.

Then, when I went out, I also left a note (a piece of paper) for his car, "Hi J***, Thank you very much for understanding for parking in the middle. Have a nice day! Yoko"

Am I too much???

Yes, my parking spot is perfect (I hope…I want to make sure, tomorrow again!)


********

One more funny (I don’t want to use negative word, “crazy”) episode…

Many mornings, I see the woman with very noisy three kids at the pool area. I am sure that the kids are not hers, because she and kids have different colors and she never say anything to kids to be quiet (most of mothers and fathers are usually telling to their kids, like “Don’t do***. No ***. Thank you”).

One morning, they were so noisy again and I was being patient during their time at the pool area…but,I couldn’t help it, so I called the manager at our building.

Me: The woman and three little kids are picking the flowers from the trees and making mess on the floor behind the building near barbeque area. Could you come and tell the woman don’t do that? I feel bad for the trees & flowers and cleaning staff.

Manager: Sure!

10 minutes later, nobody came and they were still picking flowers and making floor mess with flowers (they killed more than 20 flowers and floor was really mess…) poor flowers...

I couldn’t help it! 10 minutes later, I went to the woman and said, “Excuse me, would you tell these kids, don’t do that? These kids are your client’s kids, right? Please tell your client’s kids, ‘don’t do that?’ ”

The nanny: Yes, I am a nanny. I already told kids, “You can’t do that”. But they are not listening…

Me: Please stop kids to picking flowers and make floor mess. Do you know how our cleaning staff and maintenance people work hard? I always watch them cleaning here after people make mess. Please think about them. We also pay too much money for them and those flowers. If you make mess, we have to pay for it. I feel bad for cleaning people. They have to clean you guys mess. And…I feel bad for those flowers too. Please don’t hurt flowers… I don’t want to see flowers hurt. If kids want to do aggressive things, you should take them to the park.

Then…this nanny went back to the place where many dead flowers on the floor with kids were, and they (the nanny and kids) were picking the flowers from the floor and cleaning.

Oh…I feel good, there were no mess and no more hurting flowers…perfect beautiful view!

********

When I see something wrong, I want to fix it and make it perfect!

I know, my perfect thing is just for me. I am perfect for myself! ha ha ha…

But...comes to men…I like someone who is “imperfectly sexy”…ok… I am going back to read “EAT PRAY LOVE”…

By the way, there are many imperfect sentences in my blog…please forgive me!

By the way + By the way, are you perfect or imperfect???


By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
August 18, 2010

Copyright © 2010 Yoko Fujimoto

Popular posts from this blog

#271-Why people fight?

Why do human beings keep fighting with each other or fighting wars?

About profit?

About territory?

About religion?

About ethnicity?

About statism?

About collectivism?



Why can’t we talk instead of fight (war)?

People are trying to change others…

People don’t want to change for others…

People think “I am right, you are wrong”…



I was thinking about “how can we resolve issues of terrorism and war in this world, can we talk instead of fighting?”



And then I realized “I need to think about my issue first” (since I moved into my apartment in Montrose one year ago)… yes, I have an issue about my living situation… my upstairs neighbor (64 years old woman who is not working) has been waking me up every night (around 11:15pm, 12:15am and 1:15am) with loud squeezing footsteps (it sounds not normal & regular footsteps) for one year… I had to call police twice, and I fought with this neighbor twice…



I tried to go to bed at the same time when this neighbor goes to bed… it doesn’t work (for me late night ene…

#144- To my people, Japanese people 米国より東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へメッセージ / 海外セレブからのお見舞い&応援メッセージ -Pray for Japan(日本に祈りを捧げます)-

Sorry folks, Today, I am going to write a message in Japanese, in my native language to Japanese people. If you read Japanese, please do.

I am going to write my thoughts for Japan &Japanese people and sending prayers to Japan & people in Japan.

Love,
Yoko

P.S. I am going to write in English next time. xoxo Y

******** My Japanese blog :

From LA by 藤本庸子      
(http://fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/03/pray-for-japan-.html)


東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へ

このたびの東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)により被災されたすべての方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。そして、犠牲になられた方々とご遺族の皆様に、深くお悔やみを申し上げます。

日本にいらっしゃる皆様、どうかご無事で、早く、安心出来る暮らし、笑顔が戻ってきますように、心からお祈り申し上げます。


*** 米国でも多くの人が心を痛めており、皆様のご無事を願っています

東北・関東地方で起った大震災に心を痛めながら、私は、「米国在住のライターの私に、日本の皆様のために出来ることをしたい」と、こちらで流れるテレビニュースの画面を見つめながら、ずっと考えていました。

そうしていましたら、本日(ロサンゼルス:3月18日/日本:3月19日)、仕事でお付き合いのある茨城県在住の女性(実際にお会いしたことはありません)から、「テレビでも、世界各国からの応援メッセージをもっと放送して欲しい」とメールをいただきました。

早速、私が報道の仕事で関わっている日本のテレビ局、ラジオ局の幹部、報道記者の方々へ、この女性のメッセージを届け、放送に関してのお願いメールを送信致しました。


*** 米国在住の私に出来ることを考えてみました

このブログは2008年10月に閉じていますが、…

#267-Kitson and KITROSS

I really think that the founder of Kitson, Mr. Fraser Kitson Ross is genius for marketing & business. He knows how to entertain customer, and he knows what L.A. is and how to enjoy L.A.




About Kitson and Fraser, I have written a lot on Senken-Shimbun and LA Celeb (their business closed, but it was a popular Japanese online shopping site), and I also made a story about Kitson on Japanese TV program (TBS TV).



At this time, I interviewed Fraser and wrote an article about Kitson, him and his new store KITROSS on Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper).



If you want to know about Kitson, Fraser and KITROSS, read below.

My translation (into English) is not perfect, but my Japanese article is more than perfect, ha ha…; )



********

Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper)

Article about Kitson and KITROSS by Yoko Fujimoto

Published on paper on June 27, 2016



■■”Kitson” re-started with “KITROSS”

■”Actually, I love L.A.”

■L.A. casual clothing and pop culture are the b…