Skip to main content

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer for newspapers,magazines as well as a journalist for TV.
I am from Tokyo, Japan and have been living in Los Angeles since 1990.
[日本語のブログFromLAby藤本庸子] fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog
[日本語のツイッター] https://twitter.com/YOKOfromLA

#118- RON ROBINSON+MONDRIAN HOTEL= Stylish life

Finally I am able to write about RON ROBINSON (at Fred Segal)’s pop-up shop at the MONDRIAN HOTEL !

Last month, Ron (president of RON ROBINSON & APOTHIA) and Karen (vice president of RON ROBINSON & APOTHIA) invited me to the opening party for this shop at the MONDRIAN HOTEL.

And Ron and Karen gave me wonderful gift bag at the party. There were many beautiful stuff in the gift bag and the Apothia Hand & Body Wash – Plush was the best!

Since the party, I have been using this Apothia Hand & Body Wash – Plush (French milled soap, pettigrain with bright citrus notes of mandarin and lime / $28 at the APOTHIA at Fred Segal Melrose). I feel more beautiful!!! Smell so nice and my skin feels so soft as well (see more detail at http://www.ronrobinson.com/APOTHIA-Los-Angeles-Hand-AND-Body-Wash-p/26.htm).

Last month, I wrote an article about this shop lunch story + a scoop (Ron made a great contract with the MONDRIAN HOTEL group!) for Senken-newspaper (major Japanese fashion trade newspaper), so I couldn’t write about this story in my blog before the article publish.

Now, yes, I can write about it!

Here is my rough translation in English. By the way, my Japanese article is much much better than this translation article, but I just want to share it with you.

If you have any questions, go to RON ROBINSON at Fred Segal Melrose or MONDRIAN HOTEL. Ron and Karen will help your shopping!

**********************************

July 12th, 2010 on Senken-newspaper

On “Zoom up” section (The article is in the “today’s special topic” section!)

Title:
L.A. RON ROBINSON at Fred Segal launched pop-up shop at the MONDRIAN HOTEL

Subtitle:
Try to get new high-end customers

Another subtitle:
To make well-known and to make it through a recession

Photo caption:
At the pop-up shop at the MONDRIAN HOTEL. Mr. Ron Robinson, president (left) and Ms. Karen Meena, vice president.

RON ROBINSON at Fred Segal in Los Angeles, U.S.A. launched pop-up shop at the MONDRIAN HOTEL in West Hollywood, L.A. in June. The store opens until December, 2010. The strategy of this shop is to try to get new high-end customers of the MONDRIAN HOTEL, to make well-known for their beauty related products and to make it through a recession. (Writer, Yoko Fujimoto)

The hotel is owns by Morgans Hotel Group which is leading boutique hotel and they have many fashionably customers and celebrity customers from U.S. and overseas at their restaurant & Bar.

Mr. Ron Robinson, president talked about the reasons for this pop-up shop business. There are three main reasons. Reason #1 is “During the recession, we need to change with new business idea. This hotel located in high-end area, so our store customers and concept are the same with this hotel and it seems like we have a great opportunity to get new customers from here.” Reason #2 is “Our other store, beauty & apothecary boutique, APOTHIA’s fame and concept is match with this hotel fame and concept and we can recommended fashionably lifestyle to customers”. Reason #3 is “We made a contract with Morgans Hotel Group regarding our APOTHIA’s original hand & body wash, shampoo etc are going to use by 11 hotel locations for their bathroom and guest rooms, so we would like to make our brand well-known”.

The store has 27 meter square foot and small, but Ms. Karen Meena, vice president reported, they have T-shirts, swimsuits, hat etc. for travelers and accessories, lifestyle products, skin care and beauty products by APOTHIA, there are 300 sophisticated design best selection items. Ms.Meena said, “We have many unique products which hard to get it from other stores and we have new products every couple of weeks.”

Ms. Katharine Parnello who is a president and designer of Gimme More Couture which Britney Spears and other celebrities wearing, Swarovski line stone lingerie, corset, shoes etc brand said, “Our products cost around $1800-14000, so I am very honor to sell our products at this hotel which has many wealthy and celebrities customers as well” and she is expecting a great business.

Mr. Robinson talked about the reason to have a limited term, “We will see the result of profit and effect of this business. We will decide what we are going to do with the situation” and “We are very happy to provide the high quality and original lifestyle for customers. The profit is coming on the way later”, he showed his confidence for make it through a recession.

**********************************

By the way, I have another scoop with this article.

When I was attending the party at the MONDRIAN HOTEL and talked with Ms. Katharine Parnello (who is in my article)…Katharine told me (I have a permission from her to write about it in my blog) that she and her daughter were the matchmaker for Mr.Hugh Hefner (who is Playboy magazine founder) & his former girlfriend, Ms. Holly Madison! Katharine and her daughter took Holly to the playboy mansion and let meet Mr. Hefner.

Long time ago, I enjoyed the TV show “The Girls Next Door” (known as The Girls of the Playboy Mansion, is an American reality television series broadcast on the E! cable television network), so I knew Holly from the TV and I thought they have a fun life together. It was funny that I just met the matchmaker for them!

And more funny thing is…(but you can’t enjoy much…because you can’t see me)…I am wearing the PLAYBOY tank top now(by coincidence)!!!

Long time ago, my fashionably mother sent the PLAYBOY tank tops and T-shirts from Tokyo, Japan to me. At the time, I asked my mother on the phone, “Why you are sending me these American stuff? PLAYBOY is from America!” and she told me that, “Yoko, look carefully, those PLAYBOY stuff made in Japan. Good quality! I thought those tank tops and T-shirts look cute on you! You can’t find those cute ones in U.S.A.!” ha ha ha! My mother has a great fashion sense!

Yes, my PLAYBOY tank top is made in Japan. The tag says, SUPERLOVERS CO LTD. Tokyo, Japan. Made in Japan.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my story about RON ROBINSON + MONDRIAN HOTEL and you got some idea for your fashionably shopping!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
July 22, 2010

Copyright © 2010 Yoko Fujimoto

Popular posts from this blog

#271-Why people fight?

Why do human beings keep fighting with each other or fighting wars?

About profit?

About territory?

About religion?

About ethnicity?

About statism?

About collectivism?



Why can’t we talk instead of fight (war)?

People are trying to change others…

People don’t want to change for others…

People think “I am right, you are wrong”…



I was thinking about “how can we resolve issues of terrorism and war in this world, can we talk instead of fighting?”



And then I realized “I need to think about my issue first” (since I moved into my apartment in Montrose one year ago)… yes, I have an issue about my living situation… my upstairs neighbor (64 years old woman who is not working) has been waking me up every night (around 11:15pm, 12:15am and 1:15am) with loud squeezing footsteps (it sounds not normal & regular footsteps) for one year… I had to call police twice, and I fought with this neighbor twice…



I tried to go to bed at the same time when this neighbor goes to bed… it doesn’t work (for me late night ene…

#144- To my people, Japanese people 米国より東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へメッセージ / 海外セレブからのお見舞い&応援メッセージ -Pray for Japan(日本に祈りを捧げます)-

Sorry folks, Today, I am going to write a message in Japanese, in my native language to Japanese people. If you read Japanese, please do.

I am going to write my thoughts for Japan &Japanese people and sending prayers to Japan & people in Japan.

Love,
Yoko

P.S. I am going to write in English next time. xoxo Y

******** My Japanese blog :

From LA by 藤本庸子      
(http://fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/03/pray-for-japan-.html)


東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へ

このたびの東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)により被災されたすべての方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。そして、犠牲になられた方々とご遺族の皆様に、深くお悔やみを申し上げます。

日本にいらっしゃる皆様、どうかご無事で、早く、安心出来る暮らし、笑顔が戻ってきますように、心からお祈り申し上げます。


*** 米国でも多くの人が心を痛めており、皆様のご無事を願っています

東北・関東地方で起った大震災に心を痛めながら、私は、「米国在住のライターの私に、日本の皆様のために出来ることをしたい」と、こちらで流れるテレビニュースの画面を見つめながら、ずっと考えていました。

そうしていましたら、本日(ロサンゼルス:3月18日/日本:3月19日)、仕事でお付き合いのある茨城県在住の女性(実際にお会いしたことはありません)から、「テレビでも、世界各国からの応援メッセージをもっと放送して欲しい」とメールをいただきました。

早速、私が報道の仕事で関わっている日本のテレビ局、ラジオ局の幹部、報道記者の方々へ、この女性のメッセージを届け、放送に関してのお願いメールを送信致しました。


*** 米国在住の私に出来ることを考えてみました

このブログは2008年10月に閉じていますが、…

#267-Kitson and KITROSS

I really think that the founder of Kitson, Mr. Fraser Kitson Ross is genius for marketing & business. He knows how to entertain customer, and he knows what L.A. is and how to enjoy L.A.




About Kitson and Fraser, I have written a lot on Senken-Shimbun and LA Celeb (their business closed, but it was a popular Japanese online shopping site), and I also made a story about Kitson on Japanese TV program (TBS TV).



At this time, I interviewed Fraser and wrote an article about Kitson, him and his new store KITROSS on Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper).



If you want to know about Kitson, Fraser and KITROSS, read below.

My translation (into English) is not perfect, but my Japanese article is more than perfect, ha ha…; )



********

Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper)

Article about Kitson and KITROSS by Yoko Fujimoto

Published on paper on June 27, 2016



■■”Kitson” re-started with “KITROSS”

■”Actually, I love L.A.”

■L.A. casual clothing and pop culture are the b…