Monday, July 12, 2010

#116- Marie Marie Marie!

It was lovely lunch with my special friend, Marie at our place / le Clafoutis at Sunset Plaza today.

Marie and I used to have brunch at le Clafoutis at Sunset Plaza every weekend when she was a single and we used to act & play during our time at the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in Los Angeles.

Since I got a job at the Entrepreneur Media Inc. and moved to Newport Beach for a while, we lost contact each other…then, last year Marie made a contact me through facebook and we are in touch again! Thanks to a technology world!

Oh…Marie…she has not changed at all! She is so beautiful inside and out. She has such a nice taste for everything! Her fashion & home and everything!

It was so fabulous to see her new decollation at her home (she showed me some photos on her phone).

And yes, she is still sweet! She said to me, “Yoko, you have not changed at all (since 10 years ago). Oh…your car looks like you bought yesterday (I bought my car 10 years ago)!” So sweet!

It was such a sweet power lunch with Marie.

Her beautiful “natural emerald pendant” is soooooo beautiful like her. She told me that her sister in law(she is famous actress) gave it to her for her 15 year wedding anniversary. The pendant belongs to her sister in law’s mother, which means, Marie’s husband’s mother’s.

15 years ago, I remember…when I went to Marie’s wedding party at her sister in law’s house. At the time, it was first time to see so many valet parking boys at the residence (I thought valet parking service is for Hotel,Restaurant, Bar and Club…) and I was amazed by the beautiful house as well. I usually remember the food from the party, but my memory of this party is the beautiful house and beautiful people. Marie has so many beautiful things in her life!

Oh…the “natural emerald pendant” is really suits Marie.

It was so nice to catch up with her during the lunch time. Yes, we promised to each other, “from now on, we will get together more often!”

After lunch, I stopped by shopping at the Trader Joe’s in Silver Lake and got some red and white gladiolus for my home.

The Gladiolus flower signifies remembrance.

Marie and I will make more fun time from now on, so our remembrance will be more and more!

Nice friends make us happy life for sure!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
July 12, 2010