Sunday, July 11, 2010

#115- Harry Potter weekend

Since Thursday until tonight, I spent 23 hours and a half on my couch to watch “Harry Potter weekend” on TV.

I saw movies of “Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone”,“Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets”,“Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban”(Twice!), “Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire”(Twice!) and “Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix” on abc family.

Thanks to the abc family to entertain us with this “Harry Potter weekend”!

In 1997, I couldn’t finish to read a book of “Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone” when Maria (who was the managing editor at the Entrepreneur Media Inc. I was working as a staff writer for Entrepreneur Japan edition at the Entrepreneur Media Inc. for 6 years and a half) lend me this book. I couldn’t follow many characters names in this book, so I couldn’t follow the story…It was funny that I could translate the feature stories in the Entrepreneur magazine to Japanese and I could interview entrepreneurs in English and could write articles in Japanese, but I couldn’t read this book in English or Japanese at the time.

Since 2001, I have not seen Harry Potter movies.

I guess this weekend was the time to meet Harry! What a nice fantasy. I totally get it, why J.K. Rowling is popular author in the world.

Harry Potter brings us a fantasy world.

Sweet dreams to you all.

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
July 11, 2010