Tuesday, June 29, 2010

#113- Dinner at my home

I love to cook, I mean…I am not a fancy cook, but I love entertain myself and friends/family.

Tonight, I cooked for my new friend, Emi-san who is an owner of Kudo Cosmetics (http://www.kudocosmetics.com/kudo_cosmetics/Home.html) and a celebrity-manicurist.

During the day, she worked for someone (celebrity) in my area.

She emailed me last night to inform that she could see me today, so, I told her that “Why don't you come to my place? I cook dinner!” and I gave her some choices /menu for tonight.

1: Filet mignon, Glazed carrots, Garlic rice and Salad. This menu is my “five star dinner at home”! I have this dinner menu once a week! My favorite!!! The meat from the GELSON’S (the best!)

2: Shrimp tomato sauce spaghetti and Salad

3: Spaghetti Napolitan (Japanese English / one of the typical Japanese “Italian” spaghetti) and salad

4: Shrimp tomato risotto and salad

Emi-san chose #4 and I cooked Shrimp tomato risotto and salad. I also made some sweet lemonade from fresh lemons & maple syrup. With café au lait and cookies, we had a wonderful time. We ate and talked for 9 hours and half! It was soooooooo much fun!

Emi-san brought beautiful flower bouquets, wine and her products of Kudo Cosmetics. When I experience her products, I will write about it again.

Life is fun…with wonderful friends is more fun!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
June 29, 2010