Skip to main content

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer for newspapers,magazines as well as a journalist for TV.
I am from Tokyo, Japan and have been living in Los Angeles since 1990.
[日本語のブログFromLAby藤本庸子] fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog
[日本語のツイッター] https://twitter.com/YOKOfromLA

#105- Lunch with California Market Center Girls

Today, I got invited for a lunch by Ms. Joanne Lee (Senior VP, CMC Services at the California Market Center) and Ms.Audrey Okulick (Marketing & PR Associate at the California Market Center).

California Market Center (CMC/ http://www.californiamarketcenter.com/) is the epicenter of the Los Angeles style industries. Located on 9th & Main in downtown's Fashion District, the CMC is home to hundreds of wholesale showrooms for fashion, textiles, gifts and home decor, in addition to a range of offices, studio spaces, fashion design schools, restaurants, cafes, shops and special event venues.

They took me to the great Sushi restaurant, Yen Sushi & Bar(http://www.yensushila.com/) at the CMC.

Joanne: I love Sushi!

Me: Yes, me too!

Joanne: I usually go to GONPACHI.

Me: GONPACHI is great.

Oh…I had a wonderful time with Joanne and Audrey. They are fun and talented people.

When I (with Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, TBS TV) wanted shoot the fashion show at the CMC with the Mayor of L.A., Mr. Antonio Villaraigosa, Joanne was kind to give me a permission to shoot. At the time, it was the last minutes TV project, but I made it because of her. Joanne has such a great business sense!

I have been writing Senken-newspaper(a leading Japanese fashion trade newspaper) ‘s articles about the fashion shows, fashion market week, L.A. International Textile show, Focus trade show, Transit trade show and many designers & showroom owners of showrooms at the CMC for long time…I always meet nice fashion people at the CMC.

Audrey is a really great PR! She takes a note when I translate my article and she posted it in the CMC blog. She is very professional PR. I am very happy to work with her.

Joanne used to work at the major advertising company and Audrey was working for abc TV Drama “Samantha Who?” as a stylist(they have more great career!)…Wow, they are young, but they have such a great resume!

Me: Do you guys watch LOST?

Audrey: I love LOST

Me: Did you watch LOST last night.

Audrey: Not yet.

Me: Ok…I won’t tell you anything about the last night’s episode. But…since the Japanese actor, Hiroyuki Sanada came to this show, the story mixed up, don’t you think???................

We talked about our career in the past, Japanese men’s world topic (ok…this is my topic! I have many stories!!!),TV shows ”LOST”, ”Jersey Shore”, ”Million Dollar Listing”, ” Millionaire Matchmaker” etc…One hour and a half wasn’t enough for three of us…I felt like I could talk all day with them! ha ha ha! It was soooooooo much fun. I really had a great time with Joanne and Audrey.

By the way, during our conversation, we ate Soft Tofu Salad,Seared Albacore Sashimi with Crunch Onion and Ponzu sauce, Seasoned Seaweed Salad, Shrimp& Vegetable Tempura, Spicy Tataki roll and Baked Spicy Tuna sushi. It was soooooooo delicious lunch. Thanks to Joanne and Audrey!

Even though, I ate a lot of food today, I didn’t gain weight. Great!…my “Think myself thin” (+ Hollywood Cookie Diet!) method is working!

Life is delicious!

Have a wonderful Healthy Life to you all!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
May 12, 2010

Popular posts from this blog

#271-Why people fight?

Why do human beings keep fighting with each other or fighting wars?

About profit?

About territory?

About religion?

About ethnicity?

About statism?

About collectivism?



Why can’t we talk instead of fight (war)?

People are trying to change others…

People don’t want to change for others…

People think “I am right, you are wrong”…



I was thinking about “how can we resolve issues of terrorism and war in this world, can we talk instead of fighting?”



And then I realized “I need to think about my issue first” (since I moved into my apartment in Montrose one year ago)… yes, I have an issue about my living situation… my upstairs neighbor (64 years old woman who is not working) has been waking me up every night (around 11:15pm, 12:15am and 1:15am) with loud squeezing footsteps (it sounds not normal & regular footsteps) for one year… I had to call police twice, and I fought with this neighbor twice…



I tried to go to bed at the same time when this neighbor goes to bed… it doesn’t work (for me late night ene…

#144- To my people, Japanese people 米国より東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へメッセージ / 海外セレブからのお見舞い&応援メッセージ -Pray for Japan(日本に祈りを捧げます)-

Sorry folks, Today, I am going to write a message in Japanese, in my native language to Japanese people. If you read Japanese, please do.

I am going to write my thoughts for Japan &Japanese people and sending prayers to Japan & people in Japan.

Love,
Yoko

P.S. I am going to write in English next time. xoxo Y

******** My Japanese blog :

From LA by 藤本庸子      
(http://fromla.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/03/pray-for-japan-.html)


東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)被災者および日本の皆様へ

このたびの東日本大震災(東北地方太平洋沖地震)により被災されたすべての方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。そして、犠牲になられた方々とご遺族の皆様に、深くお悔やみを申し上げます。

日本にいらっしゃる皆様、どうかご無事で、早く、安心出来る暮らし、笑顔が戻ってきますように、心からお祈り申し上げます。


*** 米国でも多くの人が心を痛めており、皆様のご無事を願っています

東北・関東地方で起った大震災に心を痛めながら、私は、「米国在住のライターの私に、日本の皆様のために出来ることをしたい」と、こちらで流れるテレビニュースの画面を見つめながら、ずっと考えていました。

そうしていましたら、本日(ロサンゼルス:3月18日/日本:3月19日)、仕事でお付き合いのある茨城県在住の女性(実際にお会いしたことはありません)から、「テレビでも、世界各国からの応援メッセージをもっと放送して欲しい」とメールをいただきました。

早速、私が報道の仕事で関わっている日本のテレビ局、ラジオ局の幹部、報道記者の方々へ、この女性のメッセージを届け、放送に関してのお願いメールを送信致しました。


*** 米国在住の私に出来ることを考えてみました

このブログは2008年10月に閉じていますが、…

#267-Kitson and KITROSS

I really think that the founder of Kitson, Mr. Fraser Kitson Ross is genius for marketing & business. He knows how to entertain customer, and he knows what L.A. is and how to enjoy L.A.




About Kitson and Fraser, I have written a lot on Senken-Shimbun and LA Celeb (their business closed, but it was a popular Japanese online shopping site), and I also made a story about Kitson on Japanese TV program (TBS TV).



At this time, I interviewed Fraser and wrote an article about Kitson, him and his new store KITROSS on Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper).



If you want to know about Kitson, Fraser and KITROSS, read below.

My translation (into English) is not perfect, but my Japanese article is more than perfect, ha ha…; )



********

Senken-Shimbun (major Japanese fashion business newspaper)

Article about Kitson and KITROSS by Yoko Fujimoto

Published on paper on June 27, 2016



■■”Kitson” re-started with “KITROSS”

■”Actually, I love L.A.”

■L.A. casual clothing and pop culture are the b…