Wednesday, April 28, 2010

#102- Diet or THINK MYSELF THIN???

I believe,image training,positive thinking,visualization…you know what I am talking about?

25 years ago…While I was a collage student in Tokyo, Japan (we/Japanese have a special recruiting period before we graduate collage), I was trying to get a job before graduate collage. I took many written tests and interviews for many companies.

Oh…I love test and interview! I mean…I love to answer questions for people and love to meet people & talk to people! So I really had great time during my recruiting period.

At the time, I got some offers from some companies (pass the tests and the interviews), but I didn’t get the one which I really liked. It was the advertisement company (this company has over 100 years history in Japan).

I always, I get what I want!

At the time, I saw some images in my mind that I am working at this advertisement company which I failed(pass the written test, but I failed third interview with a president of this company).

So…I went back to this company to meet a president. I wrote a big essay (the title was “Woman can work!”) for him. At the reception of this company, the office manager (man) told me, “you pass the written test, but you failed the interview with a president. Our president didn’t choose you, so please go home.”

I told him, “I would like to talk to him, please let me talk to him.” He told me, “He won’t see you.” I said to him…”I really need to talk to him!!!”

Anyway, I told this manager, “ok…I am going home, but please let him to read my essay. I will call him later. Thank you very much for your help.”

Then…I was at the elevator(I was going home), the president came after me and said, “Please come to my room. I can have a meeting with you.”

Yes!

But…at first, he told me, “we are posting a position for sales woman, but we don’t need a woman for sales department.”

The president said to me, “if you want to work at our company, I can hire you, but you should work in the secretary position (in Japanese English, we called “OL/Office Lady”! ha ha ha!).

I said big NOOOOOOOO! to him. I love to work like a man! Man and woman have to be the same!!!

At the time, my dream was working as a writer/journalist, but I thought I need to see the business world first, that’s why I picked sales position in the PR/ advertisement industry.

If I work as a sales person, I thought I can see the world and meet many people and talk too much with people! Sounds like fun job to start my career!

Anyway, after this meeting with a president, I got a phone call from the sales manager of this company, then I pass the interview with the sales manager and I got a job as a sales person at this advertisement company(by the way, 25 years ago, there were not many sales women in advertisement industry in Japan).

Yes, my “visualization” came true!

Then I became a writer in Japan (this process had many miracles of “visualization” as well.)

Many years later, I got a job at the Entrepreneur Media Inc. in U.S..

My many dreams came true! I mean my “visualization” is working.

Really funny…25 years ago, when I had to say, “I can’t come to your company to work, because I am going to America to study English” to some companies as my excuse…this excuse came true as well!!! (At the time, I didn’t have any plan to come to U.S., I wasn’t thinking to live in U.S., even, to visit)

*****************************************************

Oh…I forgot…I was going to write about my diet story today…

Since 22 years ago, I write food diary and keep my weight 85 pounds, but I gain weight little by little(start 5 years ago)…then I gain 20 pounds!!! (but…I still look fine…ha ha ha…)

So…I got started reading “THINK YOURSELF THIN By Debbie Johnson” (I got this book 10 years ago, but I didn't need it at the time).

Then…funny thing happens, I got a diet feature story project for a Japanese magazine. The magazine called, “EXILE” (the popular music group, EXILE owns this magazine http://www.exilemagazine.jp/)

Wow…see…if we think something, it will come to us!!!

So I wrote 4 pages feature story “L.A. latest Diet” for EXILE (June issue. It already came out on April 27th).

I wrote 10 subjects in this feature story. Spa 415 Beverly Hills, DIET-PATCH(SCI Inc.), FBE Holistic Health & Fitness Center(FBE Spa), Hollywood Cookie Diet(Sunset Health Products, Inc.), Pole dance at the S Factor, David Allen Nutrition, Blood Type Diet by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo, Lemon Detox Diet, Kettlebell by GoFit, L.L.C. and Diet food delivery by Bistro MD, LLC.

Two weeks, I was researching, interviewing and writing for this magazine project and did diet (Hollywood Cookie Diet + Lemon Detox Diet drink + 3 minutes stretch) as well.

I lost 7 pounds within two weeks!

Yes, diet methods and “THINK MYSELF THIN” works!

Anyway…13 pounds to go…wish me luck! or good luck for your diet too!

Oh…I am sure that you lost some calories to read my blog today. ha ha ha!

Do you know, laughing is good for diet too! Have fun your day!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
April 28, 2010