Tuesday, April 20, 2010

#101- At the “PROMISED WONDERLAND” by the Consulate General of Israel Los Angeles

"If you will it, it is not a dream" by Binyamin Ze'ev Herzl.

Yes, I think so.

********

Tonight (the 19th), I was at the show, “PROMISED WONDERLAND” (A Journey Through Israel’s Culture and Arts)-Official Celebration of Israel’s 62nd Independence Day (at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills).

Last month, I got an invitation of this show from the Consulate General of Israel Los Angeles. I wrote about the Mode Israel (fashion show and apparel trade show of Israel presented by Consulate General of Israel Los Angeles) last year in Senken-newspaper. It was so honor to receive an invitation of such a special event for Israel from Consulate General of Israel Los Angeles.

When I sent a copy of newspaper, Senken-newspaper (the major Japanese fashion trade newspaper) to the Consulate General of Israel Los Angeles regarding an article of Mode Israel last year, the director of Cultural Affaires, Mr.Lior Sasson sent me a thank you note for the article.

Israeli, Wow, what a nice people! (I got two other thank you notes from the designers in Israel, Ms.Hagar Alembik of ALEMBIKA and Ms.Betty Eldad of bet-ka as well.)

What a night!!! Mr. Lior Sasson, thank you very much for tonight!

********

This unique show that was produced especially for this event presented prominent upcoming Israeli talents from LA as they embark on a cultural journey through time to explore the origins of Israel’s contemporary art and culture.

I was very honor to be there tonight to join to celebrate the 62nd anniversary of the State of Israel and the grand opening of the Saban Theater with live music performances, dance, video art, standup comedy etc.

The standup comedy was so funny, now I got how difference between Jew and Israeli and there are many unique accent people in Israel!

I love Israeli, they are so friendly and they have such a great energy!!! Their music and dance were amazing! Video of history, view of Israel and message were wonderful as well.

I got many goose bumps tonight. During coming home/driving by myself, I had to tell Suzie and share about tonight, so I called & talked with her on the phone.

********

Oh…I met nice Japanese man at the event! During I was eating finger food (I am always eating! ha ha ha!) before this show at the theatre. This Japanese man is a president, Mr.Akimasa Yoneda of MIYAKO HYBRID HOTEL (www.miyakohybridhotel.com / new hotel in Torrance/ eco-friendly concept hotel).

He told me that the Japanese refrigerators (especially, Sanyo!) are the best (even car is better! I mean, Toyota is great! I think so too!), but the carpets and beds are U.S. products are the best (because American use those products more than Japanese, so they have new techniques. The carpet has 3D technique! Wow, I didn’t know that!) He had such a great energy! I have never been to this hotel yet, but I am sure that this hotel has a great energy like Mr.Akimasa Yoneda’s energy.

********

Anyway, I had a great night, tonight! Thank you for tonight for everyone at the show.

I really feel that we (people in the world) are together. Really together.

Doesn’t matter that we have different language, religious, cultures, food (yes, I love everything!), method of life etc…We are the same, together…we are human!

SHALOM!!!

Have a nice day to you all!!!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
April 19/20, 2010