Wednesday, January 13, 2010

#86- My winter vacation in Japan

Happy New Year!

I was in Japan for a month! I had a wonderful vacation in Tokyo, Japan with my mother and my younger brother.

We (me, mother and brother) visited my uncles and aunts in Utsunomiya,Tochigi. One of my uncles (my mother’s younger brother) has a cancer, so we visited him twice at the hospital as well.

We usually travel all over in Japan during my stay, but we didn’t go far away from Tokyo. We spent time in Tokyo, Yokohama in Kanagawa and Oiso Long Beach in Chiba near Tokyo (if something happens to my uncle, we would like to visit him right away, so my brother made my vacation plan in Tokyo and near Tokyo area).

We had Christmas time at the Grand Prince Hotel Akasaka (we spent two days. enjoyed Christmas lights at Shiodome, Roppongi midtown, Roppongi Hills, Omotesando and Odaiba). Tokyo has many beautiful Christmas spots!!!

End of the year week, we went back to the Grand Prince Hotel Akasaka and celebrate our ending year. We ate so much and talk too much. We had a great family time.

Tokyo grew so fast…there are so many beautiful buildings, shopping malls and bridges.

In January, we trip to Yokohama in Kanagawa (at the New Grand Hotel) and Oiso Long Beach in Chiba (at the Oiso Long Beach Prince Hotel).

In Yokohama, we enjoyed Yamashita park, China town and Minatomirai town. In Oiso Long Beach, we spent two days in the ocean view room and enjoyed hot springs. My mother and brother made me a best vacation.

We also had a great time for my last day at Narita, Chiba. We spent day and night at JAL Hotel Nikko near Narita International Airport. It was lucky to have a relax time before I leave for Los Angels.

It was very comfortable and fun vacation in Japan. My brother took me everywhere by his car and spent so much money on me and mother and my mother cooked and cleaned for me every day at home. Thanks to my family…

Now, I am ready to work and cook for myself! ha ha ha…

Did you have nice holidays? I hope you did.

Anyway, happy new year to you all!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
Jan 13, 2010