Monday, September 7, 2009

#72- Vegas Vegas Vegas! and Angeles Angeles Angeles!

It was a nice business trip to Las Vegas last week. I saw my friends, PR people, fashion designers, owners of brand, buyers and I met new people as usual.

At many fashion trade shows, I saw many “sun” signs.

Sun was every where! Like brand’s logo, motif, idea…for example, T-shirts brand “in To Tees” which introduce unique solar tech T-shirts, the print comes out on T-shirts under the sun light. (Lucky me! I got a pink solar T-shirts from Mike who is a co-owner of in To Tees!)

And another T-shirts brand, “FORTUNATE SUN” (http://www.thefortunatesun.com/) has a “sun” brand’s name, logo and concept (The owner moved to Los Angeles from NY and he told me, he is enjoying sun in LA!)…When I walked around many booths (of brands), I saw many sun signs!!!

Oh…Kimberly and Erika (who are my friends) are sunshine! They gave me a great gift box (Under wears, pajama, T-shirts, scarf and bag by Urban Behavior) at Clothing for Modern Times Ltd booth(Urban Behavior http://www.urbanbehavior.com/ and Costa Blanca http://www.costablanca.ca/ ) at MAGIC (one of the fashion trade show in Las Vegas.) As you know, Urban Behavior/Costa Blanca are fast fashion brand/shop (They are famous in Canada and east coast), but they can’t compare to Forever 21 or any other fast fashion brands& shops, because they have great people and products! (Oh, they have a stylish loft office in LA as well.) Anyway, Kimberly and Erika were sunshine at the MAGIC!

At the PROJECT SHOW (one of the other fashion trade show in Las Vegas), Tom(who is an owner of Joyrich clothing brand/shop http://www.joyrichclothing.com/) was sunshine! He really has a positive power and he enjoys LA and fashion. We (Senken-newspaper which is Japanese major fashion trade newspaper) had a great interview with Tom. He made our day!

********

When I came home (in LA) this weekend, I felt so much sun!

On this weekend, I saw bright sweater by A LOVE MOVEMENT at Maxfield at the Malibu Lumber Yard. I felt warm sun light and happy power from the A LOVE MOVEMENT sweater. Sooo cute sweater, but the price is $1380(the price is not cute…ha ha ha! ) I found out that this brand’s designer is a Japanese guy, so I hope I have a chance to write about him someday.

Also on this weekend, Tony (who made a big trend of True Religion and right now he is an owner of new denim brand, Work CUSTOM JEANS http://www.workcustomjeans.com/) invited me to have a dinner with his people at AGO on Melrose this weekend. Tony has many funny episodes in Los Angeles, and I laughed a lot. He also has a sunlight power! Of course, the food was great and made me sooooooooo sunshine happy!!!

Like a Japanese flag “Rising sun”…I hope everyone could get a lucky power from sun and feel happy like rising sun!

Summer is over, but bright sun is still every where!!! Have a great week to all!

xoxo, Y

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
September 7, 2009