Saturday, August 8, 2009

#67- Meet, talk, write and read…I love my job!

I was at LA fashion market in downtown LA today. It was fun. I had breakfast (I ate breakfast at home, but when I saw muffin and coffee there, then I had to eat it again!) and lunch (Oh…I love TACOMOLE at California Market Center http://www.tacomole.com/. Today, I promised to the one of the staff at TACOMOLE “you are a writer, then write about us!” so… I am writing about TACOMOLE now. They have great Mexican food! I love fish taco of TACOMOLE. They have been there 25 years! Wow!) by myself and met couple of nice designers and owners of fashion brands.

My job is like…meeting people, talking to people and writing articles, I don’t feel like I am working.

Like today…more like…window shopping and talking to people and taking a note for my next shopping! ha!

Since two weeks ago, I am working on the translation book project, so now my job is like…read a book and take notes!

OMG…Such a precious work! I am so happy that I could read a lovely book every day and write (translate them to Japanese.)

This project is also, I don’t feel like I am working. I feel like, I am enjoying reading a book with dictionary and googleing.

By the way, there was the sign for “complimentary hair cut for buyers and press” at the California Market Center today…so during my lunch break, I went to the place for free hair cut, but nobody there…

Since I saw the sign ”complimentary hair cut”…I really feel like I need a hair cut today!…so…after my work, I went to “emergency hair cut place(very reasonable price and there is a good hair stylist)”, I begged my hair stylist, “I have no time for hair cut or anything at this time, because lately I am working 12 hours a day everyday…but I have half hour for hair cut right now…please help me!!!” then, she helped me…even though she had a customer who is doing coloring/this customer was fine with me.)

Anyway…I talk too much/write too much…I just had 10 minutes break right now! ha ha ha! I have more work to do tonight…! I mean…I have more “joy things” to do tonight!

Write 7 thank you notes for people who I interviewed for my articles. And one thank you card for my editor in Japan. OMG…the editor of my book translation project, she sent me a lot of Japanese food the other day. She is sooooo sweet!

It is such a nice feeling that I have been meeting many nice people and enjoying with them. See…I am not working, I am playing all the time!

Anyway, I am enjoying every moment of my life!

I hope you are the same.


By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
August 8, 2009