Sunday, July 5, 2009

#61- My 4th of July was…

At my best friend, Suzie’s home, I had a great 4th of July!

Suzie is my hero of 4th of July. Thank god…she has busy work schedule (many projects for TV programs), mom’s job for her two kids and wife’s job for her husband (who is my old friend/see my blog on Nov 30th, 2008), but she made a great 4th of July’s atmosphere!

She is a super woman!!! She is a super career woman, super mom and super wife! Oh…super chef for me.

OMG…she is really good cook. Yesterday’s my favorite menu from her cooking was…her special cheese burger, sausage sandwich, spinach and artichoke dip for chips, strawberries and cream cake and special 4th of July lemon tart(she made a American flag with blueberries and strawberries! She is sooooo creative!!!)

Oh…corn was sooo good too. When I was watching her cooking, wow…she put milk in the hot water/ boiling corn. Milk??? She told me that this milk thing is her dad’s recipe and she adds soy sauce and sugar into it. OMG…it was soooo gooood!!!

We sing song…Happy Birthday song…”Happy Birthday to U.S.A., Happy Birthday to U.S.A.!...” it was fun!!! I am on green card, but I really feel like U.S.A. is my country!!!

Thank you U.S.A. for having me here!!!

Fireworks were great like food! We saw big show from our balcony! It was like, we had a VIP box for fireworks show!!!

Her kids are soooo cute!!! “Wow, look at that! Oh…flower! Oh…beautiful! ” They had a cute comment on each firework.

It was a best 4th of July with best American happy family.

I hope you had a great 4th of July too.

P.S. I am still eating 4th of July’s food from Suzie…today is my second 4th of July celebration day by myself at my home!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
July 5, 2009