Sunday, June 21, 2009

#56- Toast for life

As I wrote in my blog on yesterday, I went to my friend, Keasha’s son’s birthday party.

And this morning, she sent to me a nice email.

********
Hi Yoko,

Thanks so much for coming to Johnathan's birthday celebration! It was wonderful to have you with us on such a special day!

After everyone was gone, except the grandparents, Rev. June proposed that we do a "toast" with sparkling apple cider. We went around the room doing toasts to Johnathan for his birthday. At first, Johnathan was shy about saying his own toast. But at the end he said he wanted to do a toast. So he raised his cup and said, "I love you." It was soooo cute!

Take care,
Keasha

********

Life is so short, but we have forever memories for everyone.

Happy Father’s Day to all!

P.S. I miss my late father, Toshihiko Fujimoto…he is my love forever…

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
June 21, 2009