Monday, June 1, 2009

#49- Omamori

Omamori are Japanese lucky charms.

I have three Omamori from Japan this year, one of them from Futamiokitama-Jinja (a shrine located in Futami,Watarai-gun, Mie, Japan) and two of them from Ise-Jingu (a shinto shrine dedicated to goddess Amaterasu Ōmikami, located in the city of Ise in Mie, Japan.)

Omamori are Japanese amulets dedicated to particular Shinto deities as well as Buddhist figures. The word mamori means protection, with omamori meaning honorable protector.

Most of Japanese have Omamori. Even though people who don’t have a religion (like me) have Omamori.

Anyway, I got a fourth Omamori last month from Ms.Megumi Eda who is a jewelry designer.

I met Megumi at her office in Santa Monica and I interviewed her for Senken-newspaper. The article came out on June 1 in Japan.

The Omamori which she gave it to me was a “Woman Beauty” protection Omamori necklace! So beautiful and feel beautiful!!!

Megumi has Omamori necklaces and bracelets for “Good Luck for Man”, “Good Luck for Woman”, “Good Health”, “Prosperity” etc…you can take a look at Megumi Jewelry website (http://megumijewelry.com/).

Megumi and I had a great day. We met first time but, we talked from 1:45pm until 6:30pm and we went out for dinner until 9:30pm. 8 hours we were together and we had a great conversation.

I really feel that my new Omamori from her will bring more happiness and beauty!

At this time/ recession, I guess many people need some of luck right? Why don’t you try our Japanese luck, Omamori!

XOXO
Y

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
June 1, 2009