Friday, May 29, 2009

#48- Thank you note

I got a nice email last night from Dr. Sopheap Ly who survived Cambodia's Killing Fields.

(If you want to know about her and her new book “No Dream Beyond My Reach”, please read my blog on May 13,2009.)

She said to me in the email “so nice of you that you wrote about me”… and “i came america in 1987, 2 yr before you but we are proud as asian professionals that thrive with american dream.”

So nice to receive this kind of email from someone never met.

This morning, we (Dr. Sopheap and me) talked more by emails.

********

I love “Thank you note”. To receive it or send it…both way…I love it!

********

Today, I wrote 10 thank you notes for people who I interviewed and wrote. Tomorrow, I will send these notes and newspapers to them.

These days people want to go paper less…but, I think nice to see/read hand writing note and real one…I mean newspaper.

I draw a blue flower on the paper and wrote a short thank you note.

/ Hi ****, Here is your copy of Senken-newspaper. Thank you! Best, Yoko /

I let them to know where is the article on the newspaper with blue marker. I hope they will happy to see them!

********

Anyway, thank you very much for reading my blog today!

Have a wonderful one!!!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
May 29, 2009