Saturday, March 21, 2009

#30- I got many positive messages at L.A. Fashion week!

Since yesterday, there is a L.A. Fashion week in Downtown L.A. fashion district. There are many fashion shows, trade shows and many people in many showrooms.

********
This morning, I met Fraser (owner of Kitson) at New Mart and he had a big smile on his face.

Me: Hi Fraser, how are you again!

Fraser: I am doing fine!

Of course he is doing fine, he recently opened a new Kitson store in Tokyo, Japan and he got big money.

Me: I heard your new store doing very well in Tokyo! Good for you!!! So, I would like to interview you regarding your new store/project sometimes soon.

Fraser: Sure!

I am looking forward to finding out more his positive story.

********
During the lunch time with Ed (who is a co-owner of Designers and Agents/D&A show) and Barbara (who is a co-owner of D&A show), I got great messages from them.

Barbara said:At this economic downtime, we all help each other! (There are more great messages/comments, but I am going to write about her comments in my article for Senken-newspaper, so I can’t write them anymore today.)

Ed said: During the difficult time, sit in the room and decide what we will do, and then be happy! After we made up our mind, we don’t need to think or worry about anything, just enjoy our life.
(There are more great messages/comments from him as well, but I am going to use his comments in my article for Senken-newspaper, so I can’t write them anymore today.)

*********
One of the designers from Paris, he said: L.A. buyers know what they what and they buy great stuff no matter what, so there is no recession time for me.

********
At the one of the tradeshows,I found a “happy aura T-shirts” brand. When I saw these T-shirts made me so happy and I did an interview with the designer of this T-shirts brand. He told me, ”I came from Republic of Serbia. I had a hard time during the war, so I wanted make a happy art work to make people happy!”

Oh…yes! I felt it from these art pieces for sure! I am so glad that I could feel this kind of aura right away. His sweet sprits are on the T-shirts and his face.

********
By the way, yesterday, my best friend, Suzie’s grandmother passed away. She was at 98. She had a beautiful and happy life. I remember, she was a party animal and she had a fun personality.

One time, when Suzie and I visited her place in Miami, she asked me at the dinner table, “Yoko, are you gay?”

I said: Why? No!!! Why???

She said: Oh…because you don’t have a boyfriend and you seem like always with Suzie, so I just thought you are gay.

Ha ha ha!!! She was so funny and I really miss her!

Yesterday, when Suzie called me about her death notice, I told Suzie about this story…Suzie laughed so hard and said “I will speech at her funeral include this episode!”

I can’t wait hearing from Suzie about the funeral story.

Suzie’s grandmother…I am sure that she is smiling at us and having fun in heaven right now!

********
Today, from the California Market Center window (on 7th floor), I saw big pink paint sign on the next door building wall “LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL”. Yes, this message is true!

********
I hope you are having a beautiful day and night too!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
March 21, 2009