Friday, March 27, 2009

#33- How old are you?

Yesterday, Suzie told me funny story, her grandmother (who passed away last week) lied her age to family and friends until she died.

Her real age was 103 or 104 instead of 98(Suzie and her mother still don’t know her real age, because social security office people don’t give her info to them yet.) Her death certificate says 98, but social security card says different number on it. How funny!

We (Japanese people) always ask people’s age and I don’t mind to tell my age to people…but I found out American people don’t do it not much, especially woman.

By the way, yesterday, the 26th was my birthday…so…from now on…I will follow the American way and not tell my age to people. “Forever 21”!!!! Ha ha ha!

My birthday was the best day. Suzie made my day!!! Lunch, cake with candle, Dinner, cup cakes with candle (my age number was on it) with Suzie and her family, I had a wonderful birthday! I loved my birthday presents, but my best present was her friendship. I am so lucky to have her as my best friend.

Keasha, Neely and Sumiyo called me to say happy birthday as well. I am a lucky girl to have wonderful friends, family and life.

Life is beautiful for sure!!!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
March 27, 2009