Monday, February 23, 2009

#25- Congrats on two Japanese movies!

“Departures” won the Oscar for Best Foreign Film and “La Maison de Petits Cubes“ won the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film at the 81st Annual Academy Awards on Sunday night. It was very nice to see winners from my country, Japan.

I saw “La Maison de Petits Cubes“ on You Tube today, but I have not seen “Departures” yet…

“La Maison de Petits Cubes“, it was a touchy story and I got a home sick today…,but well done.

By the way, when I saw Japanese director’s speeches on the stage, I really thought that we (Japanese) better to have good English…especially good English speech at the world stage. If we have good English, we could express more our talent and voice to the world.

Ok…I am going to read more books from here,U.S. and write more English! And someday, I will speech at the Academy Awards. Really!

Think big like U.S.A.! Right?

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
Feb 23, 2009