Sunday, January 11, 2009

#19- Jet lag in L.A….

It is 5 o’clock in the morning…yes…I am in jet lag…!

Soooooooo nice to come back to L.A.

Suzie e-mailed me and called me.We talked for two hours and half. So nice to hear the word…“Welcome home”. Yes I am back!!! L.A. is my town for sure!!!


My vacation (one month) in Japan was very very nice!!!

I stayed at my mother and brother’s house in Tokyo, Japan. Saw 6 movies and read 12 books…three times trips with my family (with my mother and my younger brother) and ate so much food for a month. It was a perfect vacation!

Trip to Utsunomiya in Tochigi was nice. We had a great time with my uncles, aunts and cousin. One of my uncles has a cancer and he is dying…but…I believe miracle, so my uncle is not going to die soon…I was so happy to see him at this time. I told him that “You are going to live long for sure”. I really think so.

At the Christmas time, we spent time in Shinjuku, Tokyo and Shimoda, Izu in Shizuoka. We (with my mother and my brother) had a dinner on Christmas Eve at the Shinjuku Prince Hotel in Shinjuku, Tokyo and spent the night at this hotel. It was very warm warm Christmas Eve. My mother and my brother gave me so many presents! One of my best one was…watch with solar cell by Citizen. New eco-drive watch!!! It is a pink gold watch! My brother gave this watch to me and to my mother. He gave me more…cash and other gifts…my younger brother is like my late father…ha ha ha! The gifts from my mother were wonderful too. Many clothes and cash.

Christmas day and next day, we went to Shimoda, Izu in Shizuoka. We saw beautiful Fuji Mountain. So white(snow) on the top and sky was blue…wow, this is so Japan! Shimoda is a pleasant city in Izu. It has historical importance as the landing place of several of Commodore Perry's "black ships" in 1854, an event which marked the end of Japan's era of isolation and the start of diplomatic relations between the U.S.A. and Japan. We visited Shimoda Park and I felt really glad that I saw the monument of friendship between Japan and U.S.A.!

Shimoda has a nice hot spring (Onsen /in Japanese.) We stayed at Shimoda Tokyu Hotel for two days. The hotel was in front of beautiful ocean and there were palm trees and Pine trees…I really felt that Shimoda view has American + Japanese energy. It was a perfect place to spend time at the Christmas time. Onsen (hot spring in Japanese) was great! It was nice to take a bath with my mother.

At the New year’s week, we spent time in Shinjuku,Tokyo, Owari Onsen in Aichi, Toba Onsen in Mie and Ise in Mie. In Tokyo, we stayed at the Shinjuku Keio Plaza Hotel. And we went to trip to Owari Onsen, Toba Onsen, Toyokawa Inari, Atsuta Jingu, Ise Jingu, Futamigaura/Meoto Iwa, Asamayama Kongoshoji, Asamayama Observatory and Ise Jingu (Naiku/Geku)... We went to Kyoto and Ise Jingu last year…and I loved Ise Jingu…because…it was a best place to make a wish…! I had a great year=last year…so I wanted to go back there and made a wish at the Ise Jingu again!!!

My mother cooked for me and my brother (younger!) paid everythings for me(included twice trips)…I have a very nice family…

So…at this vacation, I wanted spend time with my family as much as I can.

I hope everyone had great holidays. Have a wonderful 2009!!!

P.S. To my Japanese friends in Japan…I am so sorry that I didn’t call you or see you…Happy 2009 again.

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
Jan 11, 2009